• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Brexit party have nothing to do with democracy?

It is a party without any members therefore no internal democratic structures. It’s candidates are chosen. It has one policy which, in this election, it is seeking to elect candidates who will have zero impact on the U.K. parliament but are seeking election to a parliament they don’t want to attend.

Which part of their existence is democratic?

In fact they probably want to disrupt the normal running of the European Parliament so what is their actual purpose?

It is a party without any members therefore no internal democratic structures. It’s candidates are chosen. It has one policy which, in this election, it is seeking to elect candidates who will have zero impact on the U.K. parliament but are seeking election to a parliament they don’t want to attend.

Which part of their existence is democratic?

I think you are missing the point. People are voting for Brexit, including remainers, because they believe they will push through what was a democratically voted for.

I think you are missing the point. People are voting for Brexit, including remainers, because they believe they will push through what was a democratically voted for.

Then they're idiots. The MEP's have absolutely no say in that process.

Then they're idiots. The MEP's have absolutely no say in that process.
Indeed, just as pointless as all the remainers backing anti-Brex85 parties. The whole vote is just a farce as all anyone has done is use it as an opinion poll on Brexit even though the representatives it elects have no bearing on the process.

So what happens if we have no MEPs?
We do not have a deal yet, or at least have not agreed one.
The last thing we really need is a huge right wing swing into european parliament. It helps no-one. It keeps the stalemate here and harms everyone. The very worst this does is give the Green party a voice for those of us who have concerns about the planets future , fossil fuels etc( see other threads) . To me it was impossible given the absolute mess made by both government and opposition over the last 3 years that EITHER deserve anything other than total humiliation from these unnecessary and illogical elections that merely tick a box until we leave.

Or do they?

Regardless of whether I agree or not with how you vote, It does make me laugh how this forum often thinks it is better than other because of it’s political views.

I can only speak for myself, and personally hope I don't come across as thinking I am better than anyone else, but that certainly isn't my intent, and I suspect for many others it isn't, but people can confirm that themselves.

I think that there are occasions where I despair at some outcomes, and/or statements made by political figures especially.
I fundamentally disagree with a lot of mainstream politics currently. I certainly don't think I am better than people who hold differing views.

Indeed, just as pointless as all the remainers backing anti-Brex85 parties. The whole vote is just a farce as all anyone has done is use it as an opinion poll on Brexit even though the representatives it elects have no bearing on the process.

This.

In fabulous news, looks like Dan Hannan has lost his seat. The complete fantasist. A dangerous, awful man.

In the strange world in which we now live it's a seat he doesn't want I suppose

IMG-20190526-181800.jpg

I know managing expectations is a thing, but if they're genuinely ending up significantly below UKIP 2014's numbers, they've lost the battle.

I don't believe that's happened though. I stick by 30-35%.

Racist fucks in Germany look like they've been beaten into 4th place. Good.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-26-at-20-01-10.png

Back