• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mental Health thread

Still need to be approved by your Dr

Mrs DW: Hi, I've been trying to book an appointment but unable to.

Surgery: Youll just have tp keep trying each morning.

Mrs DW: I'm running low on my medication, we've recently moved house so the doctor won't renew my prescription without seeing me.

Surgery: How much medication do you have left?

Mrs DW: 7 days.

Surgery: OK, well I've scheduled a prescription review for July 11th does that work for you?

Mrs DW: ...

Surgery: ...

Does anyone know if we can backdoor a prescription via 111 if it comes to it?

She gets brain zaps if she doesn't take her medication on time much less if she abruptly stops taking it entirely.
l would recommend a strongly worded complaint to your local PALS (Patient Liaison service). We did this recently on the advice of a GP friend when my wife was struggling to get the proper care from our local mental health service. Like your wife, she was about to run out of meds and her psychiatrist had fucked off on holiday without leaving her a prescription (among many, many other failings).

The PALS team came back to us that day and organised an immediate prescription.

Don't be afraid to kick up an unholy fuss. Your wife is entitled to proper care.

I thought repeat subscriptions could be requested via the NHS app?

Request being the key word here.

Still requires approval and because they haven't actually met Mrs DW due to the house move and new surgery they wont approve it but equally we can't get an appointment for them to meet.

I understand their hesitation to a degree but the not getting the appointment takes the piss when they're aware of the time sensitivity of getting more meds arranged and the side effects of withdrawing from them.

l would recommend a strongly worded complaint to your local PALS (Patient Liaison service). We did this recently on the advice of a GP friend when my wife was struggling to get the proper care from our local mental health service. Like your wife, she was about to run out of meds and her psychiatrist had fucked off on holiday without leaving her a prescription (among many, many other failings).

The PALS team came back to us that day and organised an immediate prescription.

Don't be afraid to kick up an unholy fuss. Your wife is entitled to proper care.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a go.

Absolutely crazy situation. I cannot see any party sorting this mess out any time soon.

Must admit last few England games I’ve had to walk away with 10 minutes to go my anxiety goes through the roof. Missed the winner last night had to sit in the car listening to a podcast wasn’t until my sister was banging on the window telling me we had won. Has become a common theme with Wolves to, just can’t stand the fear of failure currently only just started from the lop period.
Probably struggling to watch Sunday to which is a big shame.

So I’ve been put on Adderall XR and I can… suddenly make decisions? And be productive? I could almost cry.

That said, this stuff kicks like a mule and it doesn’t even get into your system all at once (XR == Extended Release). The normal stuff that people use recreationally… I don’t know how they would handle it. Which is to say, I would not fuck with this stuff without a prescription. Shit is a controlled substance for a reason; that’s been obvious almost immediately.

Good that you've got something that works for you mate!

So I’ve been put on Adderall XR and I can… suddenly make decisions? And be productive? I could almost cry.

That said, this stuff kicks like a mule and it doesn’t even get into your system all at once (XR == Extended Release). The normal stuff that people use recreationally… I don’t know how they would handle it. Which is to say, I would not fuck with this stuff without a prescription. Shit is a controlled substance for a reason; that’s been obvious almost immediately.
Glad you're back in the game Al

Good that you've got something that works for you mate!
We’ll see; only day 2 but mostly good effects so far!

It’s weird to me how massively this stuff is used for recreation. Maybe I’m just naturally sensitive to it, but anything stronger than this couldn’t possibly be fun to me.

I’ve recently started Ritalin XR and still getting used to it.

Got diagnosed with adhd 2 months ago at 34 and still not quite figured it out yet.

Eight year waiting list on the NHS...

Eight year waiting list on the NHS...

I opted for the right to choose route - fired emails to 6 private providers and one had an 18 week weight list, so the NHS refer to them as opposed to the West mids AAA team. 18 weeks vs literally years, and I only stumbled on RTC as I was looking at private options.

Think I’m losing touch with my passion for sport in general. Find myself in here more to keep in touch than anything.

I dunno if it’s a MH thing really, but it’s something that used to give me a lot of joy. Well, what counts as joy in my world.

Sucks.

Must admit last few England games I’ve had to walk away with 10 minutes to go my anxiety goes through the roof. Missed the winner last night had to sit in the car listening to a podcast wasn’t until my sister was banging on the window telling me we had won. Has become a common theme with Wolves to, just can’t stand the fear of failure currently only just started from the lop period.
Probably struggling to watch Sunday to which is a big shame.
Is it only football you have this with?

Is it only football you have this with?
it’s the first season I’m not going to be going I might get the odd game in.
It’s weird as high pressure stuff in really life I prefer facing head on.
I think I just take the game to seriously to a point it becomes un enjoyable so a peroid of non match attendance and following from a distance may be a good thing.

it’s the first season I’m not going to be going I might get the odd game in.
It’s weird as high pressure stuff in really life I prefer facing head on.
I think I just take the game to seriously to a point it becomes un enjoyable so a peroid of non match attendance and following from a distance may be a good thing.
This kind of captures where I’m at as well. I’ve always felt losses more than wins but lately things are weighted so far toward the negative that it’s hard for any positive result to move the needle.

For me it’s just been across sport as a whole. Even Charlotte I’m struggling with.

Back