• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

By the same token, if Hoddle had played 4-4-2 with Miller and Cort up front in 2005/6, we'd have made the playoffs. McCoist has been playing three centre-halves in a good chunk of the games, you can't justify that at the best of times, let alone when you're playing glorified parks football.

By the same token, if Hoddle had played 4-4-2 with Miller and Cort up front in 2005/6, we'd have made the playoffs. McCoist has been playing three centre-halves in a good chunk of the games, you can't justify that at the best of times, let alone when you're playing glorified parks football.

I'd say how you play the 3 centre halves and whether you have the players to adapt to the formation is more important than anything, if you have the right set of players it's a great formation but if you don't then it can look a right mess. Having not seen Rangers this season though i can't comment about how they are going about it.

I can think of one club that are staring into that barrel.

1 clues.

Mark Davies plays for them.

They're not in anything like that kind of trouble. Soft loans from an owner who's unlikely to ever call them in are a bit different to a tax bill approaching £100m.

They're not in anything like that kind of trouble. Soft loans from an owner who's unlikely to ever call them in are a bit different to a tax bill approaching £100m.

Oh tax bill. My bad.

Do Rangers have to pay this bill or not?

I'm not sure of the legalities of it. The oldco is the company which ran up the debt and that's going to be liquidated as soon as the creditors' report is signed off, but I don't know if newco has any liability.

I'm not sure of the legalities of it. The oldco is the company which ran up the debt and that's going to be liquidated as soon as the creditors' report is signed off, but I don't know if newco has any liability.

I think they might if they keep calling themselves rangers and not The Rangers. Also won't they have to sell Ibrox to the newco.

Newco already owns Ibrox. Green paid about £5.5m for the assets when the CVA was rejected.

The Revenue will have it's demand met before any other creditor. I'm sure any assets owned by the club (namely land ) would be sold off to meet their demands (like any other business). Long term the situation for Rangers looks very dodgy as any business continuation would still incur that liability. I believe the Revenue got paid when the Wolves faced extinction but that was peanuts in relation to this.

They won't have to pay the debt. The administrators will sell off the assets, which will be paid into the pot to pay the creditors.....once their fee has been removed. Pot after administrator fees will equal 0.

Newco will have bought the assets off the administrators.

The odd thing therefore being that HMRC blocked the proposed CVA (I think it was around 8p in the pound being offered). So they'll end up with nothing rather than around £7.5m.

The odd thing therefore being that HMRC blocked the proposed CVA (I think it was around 8p in the pound being offered). So they'll end up with nothing rather than around £7.5m.

Because the 8p in the pound will go to the administrators as fees.

The Revenue will have it's demand met before any other creditor. I'm sure any assets owned by the club (namely land ) would be sold off to meet their demands (like any other business). Long term the situation for Rangers looks very dodgy as any business continuation would still incur that liability. I believe the Revenue got paid when the Wolves faced extinction but that was peanuts in relation to this.

The law changed a few years ago and the Revenue are an unsecued creditor. This is why they are happier now to pull the plug to avoid any further liablities being run up.

Crown Creditors
H M Revenue and Customs (HMRC/Crown Debt) also rank as an unsecured creditor, following the onset of insolvency. It is not uncommon for the Crown Debt to include unpaid VAT, PAYE, NIC and Corporation Tax

http://www.crowndebt.co.uk/creditors.php.

Because the 8p in the pound will go to the administrators as fees.

Administrators hide behind the "protecting the interests of the creditors" laws to create a system whereby they run up fees to such a figure that they deprive the creditors of any return from the administration. I have my own experience of them and they are shisters.

I can't see how they justify £3.1m for six months' work, especially as much of it was very dubious (eg letting the established players carry on at the club until liquidation was confirmed, thus meaning that they received either nothing or buttons for them). A lot of them are absolute arseholes as well, Guilfoyle, Andronikou etc.

The law changed a few years ago and the Revenue are an unsecued creditor. This is why they are happier now to pull the plug to avoid any further liablities being run up.

Crown Creditors
H M Revenue and Customs (HMRC/Crown Debt) also rank as an unsecured creditor, following the onset of insolvency. It is not uncommon for the Crown Debt to include unpaid VAT, PAYE, NIC and Corporation Tax

http://www.crowndebt.co.uk/creditors.php.

Thanks. I didn't realise that.

Back