• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

I can't see how they justify £3.1m for six months' work, especially as much of it was very dubious (eg letting the established players carry on at the club until liquidation was confirmed, thus meaning that they received either nothing or buttons for them). A lot of them are absolute arseholes as well, Guilfoyle, Andronikou etc.

Because they can.

Because they can.

Quite. But they shouldn't be allowed to do it. Especially as often the ex-owners who've put a club in the shit are in cahoots with the administrator (as bizarrely, most of the time they're allowed to choose who they want to do it).

Quite. But they shouldn't be allowed to do it. Especially as often the ex-owners who've put a club in the shit are in cahoots with the administrator (as bizarrely, most of the time they're allowed to choose who they want to do it).

The problem is how do you separate it from real life companies. You can't have one rule for football clubs and another for everyday businesses. However, the whole administrator thing is wrong as are solicitors.

If HMRC or any other government entity have 25%+ of the debt (ie enough to block a CVA) then the Crown should be able to appoint their own choice, I think.

If HMRC or any other government entity have 25%+ of the debt (ie enough to block a CVA) then the Crown should be able to appoint their own choice, I think.

What if a company is owed over 25% of the debt? If someone owes 25% of the debt it's their own fault.

Ok, well make any majority creditor on that scale responsible for appointing an administrator, or at least have the option to.

That said a company would be silly to let someone run up such debts to them - HMRC don't really have any choice in the matter.

I can't see how they justify £3.1m for six months' work, especially as much of it was very dubious (eg letting the established players carry on at the club until liquidation was confirmed, thus meaning that they received either nothing or buttons for them). A lot of them are absolute arseholes as well, Guilfoyle, Andronikou etc.

3 Years ago Administrators fees started from £155-£265 per hour for assistants or support staff, £290 to £440 per hour for managers and £525 to £615 for Partners. In a case I know of they wanted to charge in excess of £650k for a company with a turnover of £5m, whose affairs were uncomplicated (no dealings with complex HMRC cases or press conferences) and the name of the eventual buyer of the company was given to them on day one. The whole process took just six weeks. 3 years later and not a penny has been paid out to unsecured creditors despite all secured creditors being paid off in full from book trade debts, achieving almost full value for the sale of stocks, and actually making a profit on the sale of the fixed assets of the company compared to the Net Book Value. They also made a trading profit in the six weeks that they were in charge of running the company in admin.

Ok, well make any majority creditor on that scale responsible for appointing an administrator, or at least have the option to.

That said a company would be silly to let someone run up such debts to them - HMRC don't really have any choice in the matter.

Maybe the Government should use a public sector administrator for all administration cases and only charge £x amount per hour and then distribute the rest correctly.

Maybe the Government should use a public sector administrator for all administration cases and only charge £x amount per hour and then distribute the rest correctly.

That would make sense. And if they did a really shit job (like in the cases of Pompey/Rangers) they would forfeit their fees and be struck off from the list of approved public administrators.

3 Years ago Administrators fees started from £155-£265 per hour for assistants or support staff, £290 to £440 per hour for managers and £525 to £615 for Partners. In a case I know of they wanted to charge in excess of £650k for a company with a turnover of £5m, whose affairs were uncomplicated (no dealings with complex HMRC cases or press conferences) and the name of the eventual buyer of the company was given to them on day one. The whole process took just six weeks. 3 years later and not a penny has been paid out to unsecured creditors despite all secured creditors being paid off in full from book trade debts, achieving almost full value for the sale of stocks, and actually making a profit on the sale of the fixed assets of the company compared to the Net Book Value. They also made a trading profit in the six weeks that they were in charge of running the company in admin.

The other thing that is wrong is the creditors can't write off the debt until the conclusion, which means they can't claim the V.A.T. back or put it against profits.

That is a really, really good idea.

Elgin v Rangers postponed due to safety concerns. Elgin have no idea how many tickets they have sold for the game!!

Elgin v Rangers postponed due to safety concerns. Elgin have no idea how many tickets they have sold for the game!!

Surely they only have tickets for the ground capacity, which I think is about 4,500. So how on earth have they ended up selling about 6,000 tickets?

I heard it was something to do with Rufus Brevett.

Ah, the glory days of reporting the daily goings on at Borough Briggs. They worked us out quicker than any other team!

I think I accidentally broke that one. In between linking Denes Rosa to them every single day, I called the keeper "Aaron Flahavan" rather than Daryl. Aaron of course being deid. Ooops.

I think that Rangers blame Dundee United for being the Club that were most vocal in their opposition to Rangers continuing in the SPL.

Back