• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Ah fuck does that mean he rates Doherty as a right back?

Ah fuck does that mean he rates Doherty as a right back?

It might be in the same way he rates Deslandes as a left back. If we signed Heise and if Ofusu-Ayeh had travelled, maybe Doherty and Deslandes wouldn't be featuring?

It means Doherty isn't seen as a left back anymore

Doherty would still be there if Ofusu had travelled. Doherty right now is a right back option.

If he wants two players per position as seems to be the case - Ofosu-Ayeh and one other? So if he doesn't rate Iorfa, Doherty might he the back up option? Which I'm not keen on myself!

I can only assume this means Doherty is going to be our backup right-back, unfortunately.

Deslandes is one of the two big surprises though, imo. Can only assume they want to see if they can afford to let Heise go and whether it's that vital to get another left-back in.

The other surprise for me if Price going and Evans not, though. It's not like we're light on bodies in central midfield, so I guess Nuno sees something he likes in Price? I'd be happier with him as backup to Saiss than Coady, I guess.

If he wants two players per position as seems to be the case - Ofosu-Ayeh and one other? So if he doesn't rate Iorfa, Doherty might he the back up option? Which I'm not keen on myself!

There is something going on with Iorfa that is far away from him being rated on his skill. Lambert made a number of suggestions about his attitude last season and Nuno will have seen zero from him in terms of footballing ability as he was only due back to training yesterday anyway. I wonder if there is some club discipline issue here that is over ruling the manager. We shall see.

There is something going on with Iorfa that is far away from him being rated on his skill. Lambert made a number of suggestions about his attitude last season and Nuno will have seen zero from him in terms of footballing ability as he was only due back to training yesterday anyway. I wonder if there is some club discipline issue here that is over ruling the manager. We shall see.

From what I gather it is something other than simply his attitude. So perhaps it is still ongoing. I really hope he can get back to his best as he's a wonderful talent to have at this level.

I know we are still in the transfer window, but that forward lineup looks ultra lightweight!

Also concerned that the only career fullbacks - aside from Douglas - are Matt Doherty and Sylvain Deslandes. Neither of whom have done anything to suggest they can deliver at the level we are aiming for this season. What happened to Iorfa?!

IMO we still need a fullback (Heise?), a dynamic central midfielder to complement Neves, and at least one quality striker.

Good news, even though the injury is frustrating!

Supernews Mike, was afraid he was on his way.. :)

Lonergan not in the absentees category - he probably dropped his boarding pass at the airport.

I heard that he found his boarding pass and attempted to stop the plane on the runway by diving in its path.

Unfortunately the plane went under his body.

Thank You. What do we (vis Dan) know about Werder Bremen?

They were proper rubbish for a good year. Second half of 2015/16 and until Christmas last year. Looked like it was all over for them in the top flight. Then put together a crazy run of form to lift them clear of relegation and on the brink of the European places. Fell just short in the end but after they were running at well under a point a game for the first half of the season...

Worst defensive record in the entire division last year but they do have my old St Pauli hero Fin Bartels in the squad.

Back