• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Only judging by the league tables, but wouldn't you say he performed to, or even slightly above what would be a reasonable expectation at both Valencia and Porto?

First year in Valencia was ok. Second not so good.

In Porto he took advantage of Sporting disaster to finish 2nd but he the team just never felt right. He struggled a lot to score goals (really bad). He improved on the second half of the season (after Soares arrived) but it was too late. And that pictionary press conference didnt help him. People started to treat him as a joke and i think the players accused it.

First year in Valencia was ok. Second not so good.

In Porto he took advantage of Sporting disaster to finish 2nd but he the team just never felt right. He struggled a lot to score goals (really bad). He improved on the second half of the season (after Soares arrived) but it was too late. And that pictionary press conference didnt help him. People started to treat him as a joke and i think the players accused it.

Porto scored 71 goals in the league (just 1 less than Benfica) and conceded 19 (just 1 more than Benfica)...I hope he struggles as much this season at Wolves

Porto scored 71 goals in the league (just 1 less than Benfica) and conceded 19 (just 1 more than Benfica)...I hope he struggles as much this season at Wolves

It improved a lot with Soares. But compare the first with the second half when It comes to goals scored. It was just too late though.

Off topic: went to a restaurant in Lisboa today and i saw this shirt of one of the biggest clubs in the world, signed by a portuguese football icon: Wolves shirt signed by Silas! For those wondering the other one is a Porto shirt signed by Vítor Baía... Pff

Porto scored 31 and conceded 9 in the first 17 games...Again, I hope he is as poor at Wolves :icon_lol: :goal:

It improved a lot with Soares. But compare the first with the second half when It comes to goals scored. It was just too late though.

Off topic: went to a restaurant in Lisboa today and i saw this shirt of one of the biggest clubs in the world, signed by a portuguese football icon: Wolves shirt signed by Silas! For those wondering the other one is a Porto shirt signed by Vítor Baía... Pff

IMG_20170718_143437.jpg

Again, I'm a Wolves fan who wants to see Wolves in the Premier League. Porto scored 31 in half a season and 40 in the 2nd half... In 34 League games.

In the championship last season Brighton scored 74 and conceded 40 in 46 games for automatic promotion while Huddersfield only scored 56 goals but won the play-offs.
I would happily see a number of 1-0 and 2-0 wins and promotion, we conceded too many goals over the last two seasons and had to sort the defence out first

Is today's friendly a 5pm kick off?

we conceded too many goals over the last two seasons and had to sort the defence out first

Would say not scoring enough was our main issue. In terms of goals conceded it was pretty average amount (I think, cant be arsed to check). We certainly didn't get many high scoring beatings, only Barnsley springs to mind...however the issue was the manner in which we conceded most goals. A high % of them were dreadful and some of them were shit you wouldn't accept on a Sunday morning (such as QPR at home)

The website said 5pm for both games, but it was wrong on Saturday.

Will there be a stream? The Wolves TV link on the website still leads to an Oops! page.

Will there be a stream? The Wolves TV link on the website still leads to an Oops! page.

Yep. Presume there will be a link on the homepage around 10 mins before KO

Yeah there will be around ten minutes before I think?

Ta. (Although 10 minutes before what still appears to be up for discussion.)

Back