• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

I got sick of hearing their names through the first half as they were continually having to be told what to do and where to go. I think that will be making Nuno's mind up for him if he had any doubts.

"Matt...Matt...Matt...STAY AWAY FROM THE BALL" was definitely my Nuno highlight of the day.

Mic him up for every game and sell earpieces I say.

Thought we looked quite rusty at the start, Mason looked like he couldn't be arsed at times (maybe knows he's off?) and once Deslandes & Simpson came on the overall quality in possession dropped (the wing back role is so crucial to this formation) but apart from those minor grumbles I'm very, very excited by the way this team is shaping up.

This formation suits Cavaleiro down to the ground, he's such a nuisance drifting into little pockets of space and laying it off for runners around him. Saiss & Price looked very assured in possession and Neves was just ace. Oozed class with every touch of the ball. I like the look of Douglas (although that header across goal in the first half was a bit dodgy) and I don't hate Doherty as much when he has someone covering for him down his side all the time. Dicko also looks a lot sharper.

"Matt...Matt...Matt...STAY AWAY FROM THE BALL" was definitely my Nuno highlight of the day.

Definitely caught a 'Filho da puta!' after Mason was caught ball watching. :icon_lol:

Oh yeah that was brilliant, had a right belly laugh at that.

All sounds very positive bar Edwards and mason. It sounds like even the doc is playing well.

Are there any highlights / match replays available?

All sounds very positive bar Edwards and mason. It sounds like even the doc is playing well.

Are there any highlights / match replays available?

There will be. I'll keep checking and stick them in here when I find them

I was very impressed with Cav, Price, Saiss, Miranda, Boly and Douglas, and Neves is just pure quality. With Costa to come back and a new striker in place this team should really shape up to be something special. I've never been one for three at the back but it just seemed to make the midfield work (Price looked really comfortable and was following Nuno's gameplan to a tee) and Cav was in his element.

Edwards just seem bewildered by it all - ended up running to receive a pass only to knock it straight back to the giver. didn't see any forward pass made at all to a Wolves player

He tried a few in the first 15 minutes, but they all went to their players so he stuck with just Passing backwards after that.

An interview with Michal Zyro on the Plzen game...

I got sick of hearing their names through the first half as they were continually having to be told what to do and where to go. I think that will be making Nuno's mind up for him if he had any doubts.

I just can't believe we finally have a manager who knows where he wants players to be.

Just finished watching the Bremen highlights. Had forgotten that they're probably the better side so to win as we did is impressive in hindsight.

Had also completely forgotten that Junuzovic was playing there still. He oozes class and those free kicks weren't flukes. Don't think we could have complained if he'd scored both.

I just can't believe we finally have a manager who knows where he wants players to be.

It's a system shock granted, and it's obvious from yesterday's game that a couple of them will never be good enough (something we already knew) and their days will probably be numbered as Nuno won't be taking any prisoners I wouldn't have thought. Refreshing times.

Dave Edwards will not be leaving. He's gonna be here forever, I know it.

Really interested to see how we shape up later in pre season... For midfield a pairing of Neves and Saiss or Price should work really well with our formation. Up front I would like to see Cav, Dicko and Zyro. Nuno is being strict on positional play, which is great the likes of Edwards just can't succeed with this type of football.

I'm very encouraged so far and delighted to see Dicko looking so sharp I must admit to have almost given up on him last season.

A few more signings and I think we can really push.

I really hope Graham gets a chance as an inside forward I am sure he can do it, Cav looks to be relishing it gutted he's not able to start the season.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Highlights Wolves vs Plsen...

Back