• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Doherty has been excellent.
To be fair he looks good so far, the role he is in will suit him far more than FB. We will see I still expect Ofosu to come in when fit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We are slowly beginning to see what he is looking for. I'm fascinated to see what our team will be come the Boro game. In possession it's quite clearly a 'positional play' influence. Trying to tease the opposition out with passes into little gaps and trying to break lines. Out of possession setting little traps and not being drawn out easily.

What's frustrating *but nothing new with friendlies* is the pace of the game as it obviously doesn't test them. But this is a good chance to develop the style I guess.

Impressed with that. Coady acting as assistant manager on the sidelines too...

That why I think we might see him around the team often - we seem to lack vocal leaders in the team.

Enobakhare, Batth, Saiss, and Neves warming up on camera now.

Impressed with that. Coady acting as assistant manager on the sidelines too...
Could be why he started last time out, might see him as his own man out on the pitch if he's embracing the new ideas better than others. Be nice to see players able to sort themselves out rather than always looking to the bench for answers.

Stream seems alright for me but the internet at my mum and dad's is wank, missed both goals by the connection cutting out! Remember being enthused by a more considered approach under Solbakken but the players look a lot more open to giving it a go this time round. Encouraging stuff so far.

Rusty start (which is to be expected this early in pre season) but looked quality as the game went on.

I thought Ivan was the standout. This formation really suits him.

Mason the only one who comes out of that with any negatives tbh, looks a yard behind the rest. Although Baz's header across goal had me nervous for a moment!

Remember being enthused by a more considered approach under Solbakken but the players look a lot more open to giving it a go this time round. Encouraging stuff so far.

I think this is true. A) We've signed a lot of players so they will have come knowing what to expect from the manager and B) any current or experienced player (batth, Coady, Edwards) who isn't open to it would quickly be shown the door. Edwards and Coady definitely the type of characters to want to learn, Batth probably too but can see him being sold eventually.

Saiss, Neves, Batth, Bright, Norris, Coady on from what I can see so far. Nice pass by Norris there to miss out a player and go to Douglas.

Why is Boly wearing 11 ffs

Neves with a trademark pinpoint crossfield pass.

Neves can pass the ball quite well can't he.... (and Roderick played some blinding passes in the first half)

Our second-half XI:

Norris
Bennett, Boly, Miranda, Batth, Douglas
Saiss, Neves
Zyro, Enobakhare, Cavaleiro

-----------------Norris--------------

-----Batth----Miranda----Boly----

Bennett--------------------Douglas

----------Neves----Saiss---------

Zyro--------Bright--------Cavaleiro

Oh so it's bennett out on the right rather than Coady

Can't work out if when Nuno shouts out in Portuguese he's addressing the foreign players or swearing in his mother tongue.

Glad Nuno refers to Enobakhare as "boy". I can't say his name either.

Saiss is looking a lot more mobile than last season.

Back