• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Poll - Where will Wolves finish?

Where will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still have too many reservations to say top two. Jota and Neves are brilliant, there's no doubt about that. But Helder is still missing, so is Marshall and we haven't got the striker position completely nailed on yet (Leo might be magic, Dicko might come back to his 2014/15 form, but that's all up in the air right now). I'm far from convinced 3-4-3 is the right formation for us and we've still got fucking Doherty playing.

Top six although I will say that if we're in that position come January we'll probably spend silly money to get us over the line.

Possession football rarely make you score a lot..agree with you on that point Premier Quality..good thing you barely concede many either..prefer to have a mix of possession football and counter attacking

Possession football rarely make you score a lot..agree with you on that point Premier Quality..good thing you barely concede many either..prefer to have a mix of possession football and counter attacking

That's what we're going to do Fred. Can't remember where he said it but Nuno definitely said it's possession football if we're in control of it but to look to get the ball back and attack quickly when we don't have it.

I'll answer this after today's match. Right now I want to say top 2, but I'd prefer to see us in competitive action before I make a final decision.

I think we are going to be more about positional play rather than possession for possession sake, which very few do (Hoddle with us, Paulo Sousa at Swansea I remember too) intentionally anyway. If that clicks we will be far too good and clever for this league, where the defending is fairly simple (but effective). By aiming to be above the direct style most teams play I can see us hammering some teams when it clicks.

Our inside forwards understanding their roles and being able to position themselves inside pockets of space which are uncomfortable for the opposition to defend will be really important i think. As will the wing backs of course.

Mixed start, peaking in 2018, with unstoppable momentum going into the playoffs.

A slow and steady start, not all of the new players are going to gel, we may loose a couple along the way. If true to reports(think i read it on here) that NES normally has a good first season, then at least the play offs and promotion from there.

Going up, probably as Champions. I'm glad we've got a tough August. Weaknesses will be exposed quickly and sorted out in this window with a few top top signings I'm sure...

Optimistic for play offs, think if things gel well quickly and we get a decent striker in then we can get automatic. We played well ok Saturday and if things keep on going well the sky is the limit.

All down to injuries. We have some very good players. If we lose Neves etc. For an extended period we might be in a bit of trouble and the system might struggle. Get lucky on the injury front like Leicester did then anything is possible.

Ive been shocked by the quality brought in, I was expecting more Ola Johns than Neves types. I for once believe these guys are serious, so playoffs for me.

Loved the general play and shape of the side on saturday. Still look too light up top for me, so top six at the moment.

Cautiously opting for the playoffs*. I don't think we'll quite make the top two, missing out by a few points.

*Subject to change when we sign an amazeballs striker, obviously.

Reckon we'll be there abouts but a cautious top six from me, but if the majority of the new signings come off we could do better than that. One things for sure I havent felt this amount of optimism for years and I believe its just the start. Fosun are fucking serious and I believe they will succeed and this is just the first step.

How did you do, folks?

I said playoffs.

I thought this was a poll for the Prem when I saw this thread just now - thought we had a lot of very confident people on this forum!

I went for Top 2.

I went playoffs too. Too many imponderables before the start of the season to confidently go for top two. We had no idea back then if the system would work, if the new players would adapt, if Coady would be any good, if we could actually score some goals...

I've been convinced since Villa at home that we were going to win the league.

I went playoffs too. Too many imponderables before the start of the season to confidently go for top two. We had no idea back then if the system would work, if the new players would adapt, if Coady would be any good, if we could actually score some goals...

I've been convinced since Villa at home that we were going to win the league.

Agree with all of this. I missed the friendly with Leicester but I was at the first game of the season against Boro and I remember being amazed just how much work had clearly been done with the shape and the system in mere weeks. The players - on the whole - looked more than comfortable.

It's staggering really - such a drastic change in playing style with plenty of new faces and the team grasped it very quickly indeed.

Agree with the Villa game - I knew we weren't going to be stopped then.

I was optimistic for a good season but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would be as good as this.

Back