• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will Wolves finish 2024/5?

Where will Wolves finish?

• European tour - Top 6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope people are underestimating how much selling Kilman will be addition by subtraction. 😂
Depends who we replace him with. I really like Mosquera and Toti but not sure they're good enough as a pair in a back 4 yet.

Only one way to find out!

There's only Forest and Brentford left in the league who won less points on the pitch than we did last season. I think a full season of Nuno will put Forest above us, Everton will continue to pick up points by not conceding many, I have them on a par. Like Punts I think the 3 promoted teams will be the ones to go down, but I think a couple will be better than last year. I think we'll stay up, but we'll be bottom 5. A significant injury to Cunha and it could be worse though.
I’d like to disagree but think you’ve got it pretty much spot on. I don’t see Larsen scoring many more than Fabio based on the little I’ve seen so far and I’ll be amazed if Hwang gets close to last year’s total so goals could be hard to come by and I’m far from convinced we’ll be able to shut up shop at the other end. The next three weeks will be crucial in determining where we finish and I just don’t see us adding real quality where we need it.

Last edited:
Gone for flirting with the Championship, I would like to think we have enough to finish above at least three others but the end of last season still lives in the memory.

GUxoeoRXsAAgMeV

A bit embarrassing for the Premier League to be running a 'competition' where one team is 82.2% likely to win. Again.

16th seems about right for us, although I doubt anyone be all that surprised if we finish below Forest. Fosun hoping GON is the real deal.

It'd be a pretty miserable season if we finish 16th wouldn't it?

And the majority would want GON sacked if that happened? And yet I imagine other clubs fans would expect it from us.

It'd be a pretty miserable season if we finish 16th wouldn't it?

And the majority would want GON sacked if that happened? And yet I imagine other clubs fans would expect it from us.
Counterpoint: fuck ‘em.

Counterpoint: fuck ‘em.
Yeah, like no other fans ever want their manager sacked when they are failing miserably. I've seen Plymouth fans wanting rid of Rooney after one game but it's just Wolves fans...

Sometimes the league position doesn't tell the full picture. Pretty sure everyone on here enjoyed last season far more than Lage's full season, but we finished higher under Bibs & Cones.
Oh I don't know, there were plenty very unhappy with last season too?

Yeah, like no other fans ever want their manager sacked when they are failing miserably. I've seen Plymouth fans wanting rid of Rooney after one game but it's just Wolves fans...
Managers cop way less flak here on the whole than they do at a lot of other clubs, certainly at the game. Saunders and Lage got pretty much nothing during the games and they're probably pound-for-pound the two worst managers we've had in the last 35 years. Even Hoddle only copped it right towards the end and he blatantly thought he was doing us a favour while serving up total drivel.

Mick got some undeserved stuff which wasn't nice but he's very much an outlier.

Oh I don't know, there were plenty very unhappy with last season too?
Up to City at home - yes
Thereafter - of course not as we were mostly pretty good for 4-5 months
Towards the end - nearly everyone recognised that the owners had sawn him off and he'd had bad luck with all our injuries happening in one area of the squad, but it doesn't excuse everything

It was a dwindling minority (on here) who wanted Lage to stay by the end of 2021/22, very few actively want Gaz sacked now.

That's his opinion, I don't agree with him but I respect what he says and he's given his reasoning why he thinks that.

I've outlined what I'm pretty sure the forum consensus was on 2023/24, you said "plenty were very unhappy", well I don't think they were. Not with the manager specifically anyway.

I get your point but Rooney is a serial failure as coach. I'd want him sacked before the first game.
He's far worse than Lage, not sure if he's better than Saunders😯

Besides which who's to say he won't turn out to be right. I was one of the most vehemently opposed to Lage even before he got here and I fucking hated his football, even when we were inexplicably hovering between 6th and 8th. I got proved right in the end (yay, go me, all I had to do was watch my football club be absolutely wank for 15 months), maybe Johnny will with O'Neil. As discussed yesterday, if we start horribly over the course of 2-3 months then he probably will get sacked.

I'm not there, although I do have concerns about elements of how he sets us up and he didn't really deserve a new contract.

Back