• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Poll - Where will Wolves finish?

Where will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am guilty of perennial over-optimism. If I had half a brain I'd predict 13th and be delighted with the play-offs. But fuck it, we have three players (and may well sign a fourth) who have no business being in the Championship. Boly, Miranda and Douglas look the business. We may well lose tomorrow, but if we are in the top six after ten games then we can only improve from there. Top 2, gentlemen, top fucking 2. I have had plenty on us winning (each way) at 16/1 and have sold everything but the wife's knickers to back us for promotion at 11/2

Am optimistic, but often little to choose between coming 2nd & 4th even if one side runs away with the title so went for top 6 as even with what we have now if they can gel (& early signs are promising) then that should be the minimum target & one that is achievable.

There are 5 players in the Championship who have played in the Champions league - we have 3 of them

I will say top 6, but hopefully top 2..

Gone for Top 6. Has to be the minimum expectation considering the outlay and signings this summer

I don't want to be arrogant but just don't see how the quality we undoubtedly have will be outside the top 6. Has to be the minimum.

My big concern is that too many draws will be the issue for us, especially first half of the season, so I've gone playoffs...

My big concern is that too many draws will be the issue for us, especially first half of the season, so I've gone playoffs...

What evidence have you for assuming we are going to be drawtastic? There is not a jot either way

What evidence have you for assuming we are going to be drawtastic? There is not a jot either way

Nuno did have a lot of draws last year at Porto and to be fair we do look solid at the back and we are not sure if we have a player that will score regularly. That lends itself to draws.
Personally i think we will be fine and i think we will have a number of players who regularly get goals but i can see why someone would think we might draw a few games.

Nuno drew a fair bit at Porto. As with every season, it's how we deal with the bus parkers at Molineux that will shape our season.

Looking at the poll results you would think that this is going to be our year

Anyone would think we were Liverpool :icon_smile:

I've said top 2. If we can keep Neves and Jota fit and get Costa back sharpish i think we will have far too much quality for most teams. Like i said on the live match discussion thread this league isn't very good, it wasn't last year and it won't be this so if we can play the football we are capable of we have better players than every other team.

Am optimistic, but often little to choose between coming 2nd & 4th even if one side runs away with the title so went for top 6 as even with what we have now if they can gel (& early signs are promising) then that should be the minimum target & one that is achievable.

There are 5 players in the Championship who have played in the Champions league - we have 3 of them

Jota, Neves. Miranda, Costa or Boly? John Terry and who's the other one?

Went for top 2 in one off matches a team could beat a team with champions League players.

Over 40 games their movement and skill levels will prove too much for the other teams.

We will finish top 2.

Gary Hooper has played in Champions League also

Nuno drew too many games at Porto, and this system is set up to not concede too many but scoring goals will rely on individual brilliance and if we're doing well, teams will just dig in for a point. We don't yet know how good Leo will be, and nouah is short at the moment - plus first half of the season were missing a fair few creative players.

It may all click and we'll blow everyone away - and I think if we don't go up this year then we will next year, the formation and style will be second nature - I just worry that we'll struggle to get that penetration first half of the season and without Costa. Once you get past cav and Jota, we don't have loads of attacking players with end product should one of them get clumped.

Back