• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 1/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cba to work myself up too much from teamsheets, things are tense enough, although the frequency with which they're hard to understand is increasing.

Play Cunha and Sarabia together FFS

Maybe it'll make sense on the pitch 🤷‍♂️

Another head scratcher of a team pick.

Lots of hyperbole at times on these threads but I don't think it's at all misplaced today. It just looks horrendously disjointed and it's going to offer zero in attacking areas. Cunha will be in a different postcode to the rest of the team.

Lots of hyperbole at times on these threads but I don't think it's at all misplaced today. It just looks horrendously disjointed and it's going to offer zero in attacking areas. Cunha will be in a different postcode to the rest of the team.
If, and I don’t think it’s likely, Neves can get forward and Nunes can bring the ball forward then it might not be all bad.

My only crumb of comfort is that quite often when seeing the teamsheet I've thought 'WTF' and occasionally we've gone on to play alright...

Occasionally. Not often.

The fans didn't "turn" on Lage, that won't be happening.

If, and I don’t think it’s likely, Neves can get forward and Nunes can bring the ball forward then it might not be all bad.
I like the sound of that but like you I'm not overly optimistic.

4 DM's is utterly ridiculous.

It’s only Raul/Sarabia instead of Moutinho away from being the right idea. Sadly that problem has been a big issue for us.

Like I said though. They aren’t very good so hopefully we get that early goal where this team will be successful playing Ahead.

No Jimenez, Podence or Ait Nouri, I must be the only one in here that thinks that's a good thing.
4-1-3-2, I would hope. Be compact and break quickly.
Pressure will be on them to win at home.

No Jimenez, Podence or Ait Nouri, I must be the only one in here that thinks that's a good thing.
4-1-3-2, I would hope. Be compact and break quickly.
Pressure will be on them to win at home.
How do we break quickly with only 2 players with pace?

There is literally no pace in that midfield.

Another rethink at halftime to save the day I think

I’m comfortable with Toti LB. Protects a massive weakness from set pieces and potentially gets us one the other end. He’s limited but he can defend. RAN flatters to deceive in attacking situations for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back