• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 1/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m comfortable with Toti LB. Protects a massive weakness from set pieces and potentially gets us one the other end. He’s limited but he can defend. RAN flatters to deceive in attacking situations for me anyway.
Must be in for his ball skills and pace on the turn.

I hope he’s got a specific plan with the XI selected because I haven’t got a clue how they’ll line up. Surprise me please, come on Wolves.

Expectations were low though, Lop had the pedigree and came in and charmed us all
We played like a bottom of the table team for about a year, that isn't near anyone's expectations.

If we lose 5-0 and this is a disaster then I still guarantee you Lopetegui will not be getting loads of flak from the stands next week.

Lage levels of ridiculous team selections.

Not that I want to be fair to Lage as he was a prick but he generally picked players in their proper position. On paper we always looked ok, it was when they got on the pitch where we looked shit.

My Forest STH mate says Traore will have a field day. Neither of their usual starters at full-back, Lodi LB and Aurier RB.

My Forest STH mate says Traore will have a field day. Neither of their usual starters at full-back, Lodi LB and Aurier RB.
I mean this is it, their team looks AWFUL too.

I'd swap very few of their players into ours.

We played like a bottom of the table team for about a year, that isn't near anyone's expectations.

If we lose 5-0 and this is a disaster then I still guarantee you Lopetegui will not be getting loads of flak from the stands next week.

Oh yeah I don't think he's close to any kind of fan pushback, but I also don't think he's got loads and loads of credit in the bank.

Obviously got us off the foot of the table, but has stalled for a decent bit now

Hopefully Traore will have the beating of him, and Cunha's movement can find him some space in the box.

I mean this is it, their team looks AWFUL too.

I'd swap very few of their players into ours.

Best 11 for 11 obviously but I'd 100% take a proper left back over Toti. I'd also take Johnson over Nunes as a left winger and Gibbs White as a 10 over Moutinho. I'm not a Dennis fan but he at least has scored goals at this level Vs Cunha who hasn't.

Dennis looked an absolute competition winner at Molineux. He has one more Premier League goal than Cunha this season.

Dennis looked an absolute competition winner at Molineux. He has one more Premier League goal than Cunha this season.

I get that and as I say I'm not a fan but he has scored goals at this level. Cunha has not.

PTS telling us today isn't a must win*, like he was telling us Cunha is a number 9

*he's not literally wrong, but he's a patronising sod

It stinks of a manager that’s picked a side to not lose, rather than picking a team to go out and win.

How difficult is it to play Raul & Cunha together?

Man for man there's no contest but it's a team game and our team looks shit. Don't know enough about Forest to comment but hopefully they're set up shitter than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back