• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Does he use strava? Thieves can and do track the routes and the bikes, see if they use the same cafe to stop at, check the bikes out there, then nick em from home.
Another good reason to ride a crap bike, or not put your details on public sites.

Good point. Yes, a very big Strava user. He was booked in for a 140 miler from Wimbledon out somewhere west on Saturday. Guess that one is down the pan then.

Have heard anecdotal tales of people being targeted for bikes on rides in the Surrey hills, out Box Hill way. Not too sure how true that is but the inference is it’s Strava linked.

I put mine up on Strava literally door to door, might be an idea to not to do that.

Good point. Yes, a very big Strava user. He was booked in for a 140 miler from Wimbledon out somewhere west on Saturday. Guess that one is down the pan then.

Have heard anecdotal tales of people being targeted for bikes on rides in the Surrey hills, out Box Hill way. Not too sure how true that is but the inference is it’s Strava linked.

I put mine up on Strava literally door to door, might be an idea to not to do that.
It's definitely true I'm afraid.

You can set it to hide the start and finish of routes.

There is a chance your car is sat in a street not that far away if you can have a drive round. They sometimes leave them presumably to check if you have some way of tracking and going to get it

I was shocked when I first saw a video of what you described. Can take seconds and they're gone. Bastards
I drove around for 3 hours last night going to every single big car park I could think of and my dad drove round in the day. Needle in a haystack.

I drove around for 3 hours last night going to every single big car park I could think of and my dad drove round in the day. Needle in a haystack.
Ahhh that's shit sorry.

Interesting side note.
My wife has just left Dundalk heading south, and is moving at speed down the M1 (Belfast to Dublin motorway) and as you may know President Biden is over here visiting in the pissing rain. Now he went to Carlingford about 7 miles north of Dundalk. Where I might add, everyone who has a boat moored in the lovely marina were given instructions to fuck off out with your boat and park it (berth it?) somewhere else for the day! Can you imagine?? Then he flew in a Copter to Dublin for the afternoon and now he is on the M1 travelling in a limo north to Dundalk to visit a house where some relative was born.
Bridges over the motorway are thick with people standing in the pouring rain with hundreds of coppers on each one, Slip road on the Northbound carriageway are all shut, cars backed up for fucking miles and she rang to tell me the convoy consisted of 8 Police bikes and 29 Official vehicles inc a number of Army vehicles and 1 Helicopter.
I'll bet Dublin was fun this afternoon!
For the last 3 days 3 US helicopters have been zooming up and down the coast apparently in training in case Biden had to be lifted in an emergency...
So that'll set Ireland's effort to become carbon neutral back by a few weeks.

Train at 10.30 from Temple Meads to Paddington - £35.

Train at 10.30 from Temple Meads to Ealing Broadway, which requires you to change at Paddington - £21.

Robbing bastards.

Train ticket pricing is odd. If I buy a travelcard to London from my town it costs less than if I were to buy it in the next town one stop nearer to London... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Train ticket pricing is odd. If I buy a travelcard to London from my town it costs less than if I were to buy it in the next town one stop nearer to London... 🤷🏼‍♂️
I used to love an away day by train, but this season high prices coupled with strikes and cancellations had led to me only doing a couple of games by train.

Getting my car towed. Just one more thing I really didn’t need to stress about.

Getting my car towed. Just one more thing I really didn’t need to stress about.
The only tow you’ll likely to ever have in the UK is when you breakdown and your mate turns up with a crappy length of rope to get you home.

I presume you mean like the below?

468FE1FA-4078-44A3-9D76-BAEA22258C40.jpeg

I don't want to fall out with those who love National Hunt racing, I did myself until a few years ago. However this is completely unacceptable, if your horse is "hyper" then pull him out of the race you prick. Only one person to blame for that horse's death

This and many many more liek it - just been covered on BBC news where they interviewed racist Laurence Fox (for 'balance' I guess).

Fucking sick of idiots been given time and credence, they're just fucking thick morons. Point, laugh and move on.

Can I be annoyed in advance?

3pm on Sunday we get the test of the new warning system sent to our phones, so in readiness

1) People on Facebook asking "Just had this text, is it a scam"
2) People on Facebook saying "Ignore text from Government, it's a scam"
3) My Mother in Law, despite being told about it and has even seen it mentioned on the News, will 100% race out of her cupboard to ask what is this I just got on my phone
4) People on Twitter who will try and claim this is some sort of mind control and anything that is a risk to life is a hoax

See last sentence in my post above. Apologies to the MIL

Back