• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Can I be annoyed in advance?

3pm on Sunday we get the test of the new warning system sent to our phones, so in readiness

1) People on Facebook asking "Just had this text, is it a scam"
2) People on Facebook saying "Ignore text from Government, it's a scam"
3) My Mother in Law, despite being told about it and has even seen it mentioned on the News, will 100% race out of her cupboard to ask what is this I just got on my phone
4) People on Twitter who will try and claim this is some sort of mind control and anything that is a risk to life is a hoax
Just testing the connection to the 5G microchips we all had implanted by the vaccine.

See last sentence in my post above. Apologies to the MIL
No apologies needed. Standard 80 year old behaviour and a brain being destroyed by watching Channel 5 from 12pm every day until the Soaps start on ITV at 7pm

This and many many more liek it - just been covered on BBC news where they interviewed racist Laurence Fox (for 'balance' I guess).

Fucking sick of idiots been given time and credence, they're just fucking thick morons. Point, laugh and move on.

You laugh, this is how it starts and before you know it you're in the Hunger Games.

May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

All the dickheads on social media wondering how the government got their mobile number to send the emergency alert to, same dickheads saying how it’s a test to trigger vaccine microchips to do something that they’re vague on the details about, but definitely something, same dickheads then saying they turned the notifications off on their phone, so the government won’t be able to do anything to them

All the dickheads on social media wondering how the government got their mobile number to send the emergency alert to, same dickheads saying how it’s a test to trigger vaccine microchips to do something that they’re vague on the details about, but definitely something, same dickheads then saying they turned the notifications off on their phone, so the government won’t be able to do anything to them
I'm uncomfortable with this government having the ability to send something unsolicited to my phone.

Only dickheads I see are the ones not questioning what powers this government are currently eroding. They're right pricks.

I'm uncomfortable with this government having the ability to send something unsolicited to my phone.

Only dickheads I see are the ones not questioning what powers this government are currently eroding. They're right pricks.
It’s been a thing for ages in other countries. Got one in Texas this year earlier to be on the look out for a kidnapped kid.

There are many other ways they invade your privacy to be concerned about

It’s been a thing for ages in other countries. Got one in Texas this year earlier to be on the look out for a kidnapped kid.

There are many other ways they invade your privacy to be concerned about
I'm concerned about all the ways they invade privacy.

The poster moaning about people having concerns are far worse imo.

The government has all your phone numbers any way if they want to find them. The occasional text alert which could be a huge help for people isn't going to concern me.

I'd be more concerned about unsolicited spam text messages, where companies have sold your information.

The government has all your phone numbers any way if they want to find them. The occasional text alert which could be a huge help for people isn't going to concern me.

I'd be more concerned about unsolicited spam text messages, where companies have sold your information.
Given the shysters we have in charge doesn't that bother you?

It bothers me they are the ones enabling the data to be sold.

We don't know who the government have used to send out this text, what they are doing with the data and who benefits (it isn't the population).

Folks moaning about other people having concerns are part of the enabling problem.

Didn't get the alert despite phone being set to receive.

Given the shysters we have in charge doesn't that bother you?

It bothers me they are the ones enabling the data to be sold.

We don't know who the government have used to send out this text, what they are doing with the data and who benefits (it isn't the population).

Folks moaning about other people having concerns are part of the enabling problem.
This alert isn't sent to phone numbers though. Just anything that is connected to a 4 or 5G signal.
No clue what data they can get but at least you can switch off receiving the signal

Didn't get the alert despite phone being set to receive.
JEpqN7UNiMQo.gif

If you're really that concerned about a mass SMS because of privacy concerns, I'd have serious questions about why you're connected to the internet, like, ever.

Anything you've ever entered as part of an online purchase or account has already been scraped, aggregated, and sold more times than we could probably count. SMS is the least of our technological privacy worries, IMO.

Couldn't give much of a fuck really....slightly annoyed I had to check if my settings were wrong on my phone though.

Back