• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I have. Our government will find a way to line their own pockets through this.

We won't know who or how for a few months but it'll come out eventually.
Everbridge is the company they used, no idea if any Tory donors benefitted though.

I have. Our government will find a way to line their own pockets through this.

We won't know who or how for a few months but it'll come out eventually.
There’s a thread on twitter, saying why customers on 3 didn’t get the alert, 3 didn’t set their system up to keep looking for and send the alert when it found it for the 20 minutes the alarm ran for on the mobile network, this is why some people got the alert at 3 some at 5 past and so on.
Anyway on the same thread, company that got the deal to send the alert are supposedly Russian and big Tory donors

So y'all have hired out American and Russian companies to handle the roll out?

See, all I needed to know was that this was being offloaded to the private sector and now I do have to raise an eyebrow.

There’s a thread on twitter, saying why customers on 3 didn’t get the alert, 3 didn’t set their system up to keep looking for and send the alert when it found it for the 20 minutes the alarm ran for on the mobile network, this is why some people got the alert at 3 some at 5 past and so on.
Anyway on the same thread, company that got the deal to send the alert are supposedly Russian and big Tory donors
As Andy googled, it's Everbridge. They're American, funded by BlackRock.

Basically another Serco

From the Everbridge website;

• Mobile network operators EE, O2, and Three deploy Everbridge Public Warning as part of successful testing of UK government’s nationwide emergency system, planned for national roll-out later this year

Everbridge are a pretty massive player in the CEM space, but mostly for things like corporate disaster recovery. Doesn't mean their hands are clean, obv (indeed, the bigger they are, the more likely it is that you will find dirt if you look).

If the bit about going to a Russian company as well is true, it's utterly baffling. A terrible idea just on merit, let alone the PR ramifications.

Ok i am in greece, august 2021 we got the alert for the fires.
Did it help anyone? Dont know, as from my village we watched it coming to us for at least 8 hours before it touched down.
Did it help ? Dont know.
Dix it compromise my privacy ,no idea, but the fucking fire did.

Ok i am in greece, august 2021 we got the alert for the fires.
Did it help anyone? Dont know, as from my village we watched it coming to us for at least 8 hours before it touched down.
Did it help ? Dont know.
Dix it compromise my privacy ,no idea, but the fucking fire did.
Was this the one about you taking a crap outside when a water plane flew over you or something?

I guess the slight issue might be that if it warns of “life threatening events” and you’re hiding from a terrorist attack, having that bloody alarm going off might be a bit of a pisser!

Was half expecting to receive the test text warning. Which at midnight and about as far away from any material UK danger as I could get would really have been ace. So it looks like they filtered out phones that are overseas at least

You aren't connected to a 4 or 5G signal mast in the UK so you were never getting it.
That explains something.

I’m in Thailand at the moment, on 3 in the U.K. and the signal back home is fucking hopeless. You can rest assured if you’re out with friends on different networks it will always be 3 that has the weakest signal strength or is first to drop off completely.

Arrived at Phuket, paid about 6 quid for a 2 week unlimited data sim (which kept the same number) and the signal here is amazing. Moved into the jungle for a few days and it’s still fantastic.

Something is amiss when the signal is crap on the edge of a U.K. metropolis and the Thais can nail it across the entire country.

Written about this before, I know.

Mrs Derby has once again been told she's got 0 points for her PIP application.

In her letter from the decision maker she's been told she has 'overwhelming psychological distress but that doesn't fit with anxiety and depression'

Where do these cunts get off? sorry you can't have PIP as you don't have Down's Syndrome you've got an 'overwhelming chromosomal count'

Last time we got to this stage she couldn't face dealing with those pigs at the DWP anymore but we're taking it to a mandatory reconsideration this time.

only 35% of claims for anxiety are successful in the first instance, only 19% of mandatory reconsiderations successfully overturn the original decision however 68% of tribunal appeals successfully overturn the original so im keeping her eyes on the prize and trying to keep her expectations low but its impossible to not notice the effect it has on her talking about the conditions and how deeply it affects her.

It's a fundamentally cruel system designed to deter claimants from claiming for help, how these cunts go home and sleep is beyond me.

We received the mandatory reconsideration today, with 0 points. Feel like we're on fucking Eurovision.

We sent them a letter detailing my caring responsibilities and they've said she can complete things unprompted and unaided. Clearly filed my letter under B. Cunts.

Day out at court it is. At least there will be a GP and occupational therapist on the panel with the Tribunal chair.

Fuck the DWP. I hope their health fails one day and they're met with this hostility for existing.

Back