• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Had an email from Sainsbury’s saying sorry I hadn’t got the job ( went for the interview 6 weeks or so ago) asked me to fill a survey in re the interview.
Told them I was disappointed that nobody had contacted me from the store, especially as the interviewer told me I was the man for the job, they’d be in touch by midday the following day, with a view to starting me the following Monday, and they’d be ordering my uniform that day. ( all of which was said)
Who decided I wasn’t suitable? Why wasn’t I told earlier, and did they lie to all the other interviewees as well?
Second time I’ve told them they’re shit, first time they never bothered to see me, I was left sitting in the staff for 90 minutes before I got bored and went home.
Having said all that, if I’m still Doley scum when they advertise it again, I’ll apply again and tell them they’re shit a third time probably.

That's really poor Keef. Keep at it. something will come along.

Mind you, it gives you more time to bump off minor celebs

Train strikes! Can't seem to plan anything without them then deciding to strike on days I do.

Eyesight problems!

Had cataract surgery 5 weeks ago - the vast majority sail through it with no issue and improved eyesight. I drew a very very short straw - allergic reaction to the eyedrops initially & whilst that has cleared other problems have emerged and now have blurred vision in the left eye.

Been back to the hospital twice and they are not sure what is wrong just now. New steroid based drops and back in 2 weeks to see a Consultant.

Can't drive (well legally I could though not if I told any official organisation) but commonsense tells me that that would be stupid. Screen and reading time has to be limited as well.

You don't realise what impact things have on your life till something doesn't work properly. Still it's not life threatening and I can get by.

Eyesight problems!

Had cataract surgery 5 weeks ago - the vast majority sail through it with no issue and improved eyesight. I drew a very very short straw - allergic reaction to the eyedrops initially & whilst that has cleared other problems have emerged and now have blurred vision in the left eye.

Been back to the hospital twice and they are not sure what is wrong just now. New steroid based drops and back in 2 weeks to see a Consultant.

Can't drive (well legally I could though not if I told any official organisation) but commonsense tells me that that would be stupid. Screen and reading time has to be limited as well.

You don't realise what impact things have on your life till something doesn't work properly. Still it's not life threatening and I can get by.
What a bummer! Best wishes for the next fortnight Parkin.
I'm diabetic and the young guy that taught my daughter to swim has lost most of his eyesight due to his Diabetes.
So I'm wondering....

What a bummer! Best wishes for the next fortnight Parkin.
I'm diabetic and the young guy that taught my daughter to swim has lost most of his eyesight due to his Diabetes.
So I'm wondering....
Yes having other stuff does impact weidly on eyesight.

This was out of the blue as a very minimal % of people have any issue with that surgery and there was no way anyone could have known it would happen like this as the odds are very long.

Still I can still function so there are worse things to go wrong.

Yes having other stuff does impact weidly on eyesight.

This was out of the blue as a very minimal % of people have any issue with that surgery and there was no way anyone could have known it would happen like this as the odds are very long.

Still I can still function so there are worse things to go wrong.
Its not permanent though....?

SATs stands for Standard Assessment Tests. SATs may be a common acronym that is used on many websites and in most school communications regarding the tests.

My daughter starts 4 days of SATS today. Complete and utter bullshit.
Samsies mate. Thankfully ours doesn't seem too stressed or worried, but it's all so totally unnecessary. They've been training them for it for ages too when they could have been teaching them far more enriching and exciting stuff.

Samsies mate. Thankfully ours doesn't seem too stressed or worried, but it's all so totally unnecessary. They've been training them for it for ages too when they could have been teaching them far more enriching and exciting stuff.
It's a load of bollocks isn't it.

I don't think ours is too stressed about it either but she's looking forward to getting this week over with. We've made a point of telling her that they aren't worth getting worried over and we've left it up to her whether she did any of the work at home the school gave her to do.

Y’all are subjected to the SAT, too? Bummer.

Shite test, everyone has known it’s crap at what it does for ages but nothing’s ever done to remedy things.

Best of luck to those with children gearing up for it.

Shite test, everyone has known it’s crap at what it does for ages but nothing’s ever done to remedy things.

I think our year was the first to have to do them at 14 (in 1995).

Our school openly told us that they were a waste of time and not to bother putting any extra work in, there were bigger fish to fry. I have no idea how they've persisted this long.

I could be wrong but I don't think Americans take SATS until they are 16 or so? Equivalent to our GCSE's and A Levels.

Here, we like to start testing our children when they are in Primary School. Thankfully, I think they are scrapping the SATs for 7 year olds.

Aye, normally you take it in high school (our grades 9-12, so age 14-18ish). Generally you're encouraged to take it early as you can just keep taking it over and over again until you get the score you want (although public money to cover the fees does stop after attempt #2 IIRC, though that likely varies wildly from school district to school district).

We also don't spread the components over a week, it's all done in one day. Longest 8 hours of my life.

Of course, I fully anticipate that at some point we'll realize that we're talking about two entirely different shite tests that just use the same acronym.

Thing is our SATS don't actually mean anything to the pupil, they're just used to rank schools.
GCSEs, A Levels or VQs are the only thing actually important to the pupil, and these tests distract from them.

Universities here don't really take the SAT very seriously anymore, either, at least for admissions. If you get a damn-near perfect score on a section you may get a scholarship from somewhere, but you have to seriously bust the bell curve to get that lucky.

Just a massive waste of time and money.

Of course, we even have an alternative (the ACT) that is supposedly a much more valid measurement of what it's trying to test, but naturally it's much harder to find public assistance for the cost of that one.

Of course, we even have an alternative (the ACT) that is supposedly a much more valid measurement of what it's trying to test, but naturally it's much harder to find public assistance for the cost of that one.
You actually have to pay to take tests in high school?

Back