• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I would be against it as I would be worried about my daughter's safety. Trusting teenage boys is not something I am comfortable with.

Does that make me have an agenda?
Strangely I’m all for it. Mini spent most of his teenage years having to use one toilet that could be cobbled together as gender neutral and was excused anything that involved getting changed as the school was entirely unprepared for its first transgender pupil.

Strangely I’m all for it. Mini spent most of his teenage years having to use one toilet that could be cobbled together as gender neutral and was excused anything that involved getting changed as the school was entirely unprepared for its first transgender pupil.
Mini could have used a designated cubicle though, a staff toilet perhaps.

I doesn't change my thoughts on my daughter's safety.

When Del posted, my first thought was that it doesn't sound particularly safe for the female students. I have to admit that I would definitely have concerns if my daughters school did this.

Mini could have used a designated cubicle though, a staff toilet perhaps.

Of course it doesn’t. And it’s a circle that is frankly impossible to square. The transgender person wants to be treated as the sex they identify with and use that sex toilets. Gender neutral toilets seems to allow them to do it but opens up all the can of worms to which you rightfully refer. Separate trans gender cubicle doesn’t solve the issue for the person involved either.

I generally don’t see a solution that makes everyone happy.

When Del posted, my first thought was that it doesn't sound particularly safe for the female students. I have to admit that I would definitely have concerns if my daughters school did this.
Tbh I don't necessarily disagree with the safety concerns, it was all the transphobia, rainbow hating anti-woke bullshit that got my back up.

The crux of my point to them was that it's one toilet block, there are plenty of others for those that are uncomfortable using them. If I was a school it's not something I'd even consider, it's just not worth the shit storm. There's inconsistency though, in that our local leisure centre has had a mixed sex changing area, showers included, and it's been that way since it opened probably 15 years ago, and nobody gives a fuck

The safety concerns are real IMO but unrelated to the bathroom question specifically. We’ve got to ask ourselves how we as a culture have arrived at a place where we expect teenage boys to violate the privacy (or worse) of their peers.

But as I say, it’s the reality we live in can’t be wholly ignored.

The safety concerns are real IMO but unrelated to the bathroom question specifically. We’ve got to ask ourselves how we as a culture have arrived at a place where we expect teenage boys to violate the privacy (or worse) of their peers.

But as I say, it’s the reality we live in can’t be wholly ignored.
I don't think anybody expects it otherwise gender neutral cubicles would be banned outright from the off.

But it is possible and that risk should be minimised.

For some women, a cross-gender bathroom will always be a threatening place. We absolutely need to keep hold of women only spaces.
Not arguing against that at all. Just want to be clear that it's a sort of band-aid on a bigger issue that doesn't seem to get tackled in the same way.

Last edited:
I’d be the same with my two, you know that as much as anyone. And as it turns Helen’s daughter has an interview for sixth form at the very school in question tomorrow. We’ve been talking about it a bit tonight, the fact it’s only one block is absolutely fine, people have choice and can remain safe, but apparently the school is planning to convert all of the toilet blocks to gender neutral over the summer break. We’ll ask them about it tomorrow when we’re there but if those are the plans it could well be a deal breaker.

Well the school was ace, I was really impressed and she’ll be taking the place. The fact those toilets even got spoken about let alone made the news is a fucking joke in itself. The shit the Heil posted about it was absolute fucking bollocks having seen it first hand. And the fact the local councillor has weighed in without even seeing them speaks volumes about that cunt and not the school. The staff at the school are absolutely gutted at the response and the press and I can see why.

It’s almost as if the present government (and their client media) have little or no hope of getting re-elected on their record so they’ve reverted to making up bollocks in the hope that a culture war will boost their popularity.

My street address is Seaview, Mornington. along with a postcode.
Just received a text from a woman I know quite well that she has a parcel for me.
From Amazon, who said the tried to deliver it yesterday.
Not to me they fucking didn't!
The number of times this woman texts me with the same message is fucking ridiculous.
Post, parcels, packages, makes no difference.
Apart from stupid bleeding couriers, I blame the Council for allowing 7 (SEVEN) Seaviews to be established in a 11 Mile radius. And you can't see the sea from any of them!
So now I have to drive about 6 miles to Seaview, Laytown, to get my new headphones.

Back