• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Anything with a fob can be got at by cloning it from on the drive. I’m sure some manufacturers have cunning plans against it but it is a serious problem.

I've read pages of stuff about where to hide your keys.
Apparently something like 97% of people have their keys within 6' of the front door.
But I hadn't heard about getting cloned from your fucking driveway!
When I was working, one of the directors got broken into twice and the house trashed because he hid his car keys somewhere in the kitchen so then (Apparently on Police advice) he puts €100 and his car keys on the kitchen table every night, on the basis of, 'if they're gonna break in and trash the place looking for cash, I'll leave it out for them. At least they'll be in and gone...'

Seems you can’t win but the cloning does appear to have at least reduced the need to break into the house to steal the keys. Must admit to getting lazy and just chucking the keys on the kitchen workshop despite knowing this is going on - no excuse for that really.

Funnily enough am off up to Worcester tomorrow to pick up a new motor and was going to post previously on the ‘annoy’ thread about Gap insurance. All seems a bit of a con as there isn’t a single vehicle available in the entire country within 4-5 grand of their valuation, so it must just be to reduce cost in a claim as it certainly doesn’t reflect the market value. Does make you think about the true stinging cost of a theft or accident write-off without it. Do hope Punts insurance company plays fair because without Gap their miserly valuations can really, REALLY rub salt into the wounds.

Must be something in the air. One of the guys I rode with yesterday just posted this on the group chat (won’t show picture):

“Oh misery. We woke this morning to find the garage door was forced open overnight .. keys, car and the 5 best bikes stolen.
Two old bikes left.”

Sickening. Just so bloody targeted. Must make you feel very vulnerable knowing people are watching you and planning these things 😕

Our neighbours were broken into recently. In 7 years they've never gone out, or gone on holiday. First time ever they go out of an evening.
Someone bricked their back door. What is well odd is stuff they took- money (understand), jewelry (ditto), clothes (wtf?). They found the car keys, went out the front & took the car. Bizarrely they left a lot of nickable stuff, especially electronics.

Our neighbours were broken into recently. In 7 years they've never gone out, or gone on holiday. First time ever they go out of an evening.
Someone bricked their back door. What is well odd is stuff they took- money (understand), jewelry (ditto), clothes (wtf?). They found the car keys, went out the front & took the car. Bizarrely they left a lot of nickable stuff, especially electronics.
Clothes (especially designer) are easy to either sell online or at resale/secondhand shops. Smaller electronics (laptops, smart phones, etc) are again easier (and mor lucrative) to sell.

Being asked to write a 'process manual' for a team that spends its entire working week on computers showing how to save spreadsheet attachments in emails into a shared file! How to flower up 'right-click' and 'save as' into a document

That's worrying. What kind of car do you drive?
Me? Well it was an X6
I've read pages of stuff about where to hide your keys.
Apparently something like 97% of people have their keys within 6' of the front door.
Mine were about 12 foot from the door but just in a draw. No Tin or anything sadly. Although my in laws neighbour had the same happen to their car on they had it in the faraday tin/pouch apparently.
But I hadn't heard about getting cloned from your fucking driveway!
When I was working, one of the directors got broken into twice and the house trashed because he hid his car keys somewhere in the kitchen so then (Apparently on Police advice) he puts €100 and his car keys on the kitchen table every night, on the basis of, 'if they're gonna break in and trash the place looking for cash, I'll leave it out for them. At least they'll be in and gone...'
Also had a friend get broken into and threatened whilst in bed asking for the keys. Which is part the reason why you get lazy and think I’d rather them just have it.
Seems you can’t win but the cloning does appear to have at least reduced the need to break into the house to steal the keys. Must admit to getting lazy and just chucking the keys on the kitchen workshop despite knowing this is going on - no excuse for that really.
Used to be really vigilant but then after hearing all the stories just thought if they want it they will get it. And just get lazy as I said and you don’t think to do all these things every single time, and if they want it they will have it.
. Do hope Punts insurance company plays fair because without Gap their miserly valuations can really, REALLY rub salt into the wounds.
Yeah god knows really. We will see. Already losing loads as they only cover up to £200 personal belongings and £300 for car seat. Had my football boots, pushchair, boot cover, chair covers, few random bits, kids books/toys. Then there was the £115 worth of fuel I put in couple of days before, the £600 worth of tyres a month ago. Then the increased insurance premiums. Cunts

There is a chance your car is sat in a street not that far away if you can have a drive round. They sometimes leave them presumably to check if you have some way of tracking and going to get it

I was shocked when I first saw a video of what you described. Can take seconds and they're gone. Bastards

Christ knows what to do for the best. Someone breaking into your house while you are at home to nick the keys is pretty terrifying, got to be the worst option I think. Reading all of this makes me think with the new motor will just get decent insurance and if some fucker wants to clone it electronically from outside they can get on with it.

The guy from the cycling club and put his picture on social media so can share. Needless to say his family are pretty shaken up. Must’ve been awful to wake up to that.

Forensics are in so let’s hope the wankers get caught 😡

CEA54EDA-848A-467F-826F-CC88D7459D59.jpeg

A CAUTIONARY TALE...!
I know the CEO of a small company I was contracted into, had a big fat souped Sports BMW.
He's a millionaire so of course he had electronic gates AND he had set of those bollards that rise up out of the ground, and immobilisers etc etc.
Got up for a piss at 0130 in the morning and there are 4 guys calmly walking around his car, doors open, lights on, gates open and bollards down. Just got in and calmly drove off.
Reported it to the Police, long story short, they found it abandoned, it had been involved in a jewellery robbery.
He loved that car so had it repaired as good as new.
About 6 weeks later, he was waiting at a set of lights at a minor junction and watched a car coming up behind him, going a bit quick.
It stopped but as it did, it just tipped his Beamer, 'What the fuck etc etc, started to get out and there was a guy standing there with a balaclava on and a sawn off 12 bore shotgun pointing at him. "No fuss, just get out, leave the keys in and step away, you'll be ok."
As calm as you like, nice and quietly spoken. Sean just stepped away and they got in and drove off.
The cops think it was to be used in another crime, but it was never seen again.
If they really want it, they'll get it. not a bother. You'll have no say in it.

Where does one acquire a shotgun in the UK?

Where does one acquire a shotgun in the UK?
It was in Tallaght Alan, a large sprawling overspill estate built to house inner city Dubliners so their large tenement houses could be refurbished and made fit for human habitation.
If you're into crime or serious crime you can get guns fairly easily.
Back in the day when the IRA was in full swing a large sailing boat came up the Irish Sea and off the coast of Baltray (adjacent to the golf course) in County Louth, adjacent to the NI Border, it came aground and hundreds and hundreds of mixed firearms and thousands of fucking bullets were unloaded and vanished into the community.
You see Alan, Ireland is a very laid back country. You can get lots of things done here if someone wants it to happen it can be made happen.
From senior Authority, to Police, to rule makers and legislation all the way down to accepting that yellow lines can be ignored and double yellow lines are for guideline purposes only and you can park on them as long as it's not too inconvenient and you put your hazards on.
It's the way you approach things.

Last edited:
Christ knows what to do for the best. Someone breaking into your house while you are at home to nick the keys is pretty terrifying, got to be the worst option I think. Reading all of this makes me think with the new motor will just get decent insurance and if some fucker wants to clone it electronically from outside they can get on with it.

The guy from the cycling club and put his picture on social media so can share. Needless to say his family are pretty shaken up. Must’ve been awful to wake up to that.

Forensics are in so let’s hope the wankers get caught 😡

View attachment 7157
Does he use strava? Thieves can and do track the routes and the bikes, see if they use the same cafe to stop at, check the bikes out there, then nick em from home.
Another good reason to ride a crap bike, or not put your details on public sites.

That slipped roof tile needs fixing...
It's alright the gutters caught it ! :) Our house has no felt so I can repair slipped tiles from inside, good job as I'm a massive coward with heights 😱

Back