• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

If he's still around, these posts will be like the bat signal for Langers.
I also suffer from PTSD when it comes to solicitors and selling/buying houses.

Coming up to 3 years since I started the process of selling 2 houses and buying 1...Still rage about it now.

A fan of solicitors is he?

Ours was fine. But our buyer's were utterly incompetent and led to an incredibly stressful 10 month conveyancing period. We were very fortunate that the people involved in the chain were good people who we were able to communicate with directly, otherwise I'm convinced it would have fallen through.

Never, ever, ever again.

Ours was fine. But our buyer's were utterly incompetent and led to an incredibly stressful 10 month conveyancing period. We were very fortunate that the people involved in the chain were good people who we were able to communicate with directly, otherwise I'm convinced it would have fallen through.

Never, ever, ever again.
It's a genuine hell on earth the whole house moving process. Our buyer is an imbecile which doesn't help matters.

There are always more bad experieces than good with this - too many fingers in the pie, one of whom will cock up somewhere.

It can work though as the fastest I have completed a sale & purchase was 5 weeks from initial view of the house, but only due to the fact that my solicitor was a friend and neighbour who just irritated everyone else by contacting everyday to push things on & I think they just did it to stop him doing that.

Buyers can be as much of a pain as solicitors. Selling my parents house as part of the estate I gave the buyer £10,000 off as there was no chain so I could guarantee quick completion and get the money split between my brother and myself. Two days before completion my solicitor tells me there is an issue in the chain that shouldn’t exist as there is a problem with the sale of my buyers girlfriends flat which they want to use to finance the purchase as it will leave them spare money. Very nearly pulled the whole deal and re listed with the £10k stuck back on.

When she moved in with me my wife sold her house to the owner of the attached semi. Went round to tell him she was putting it up for sale and he said give me a day as I might buy it. He came back next day and said he would. He was a cash buyer and the sale was completed in 12 days.

Big companies trying to be funny with April fools jokes. GTF.

Last edited:
Same, fucking annoying, Phone hotspot has been rock solid so whats the point in VM?

Is it just West Midlands? Saw this morning they'd had outages for lots of customers, been fine all day here.

Ah, that'd explain why my connection has been dodgy since I got home!

Whole country, was down for everywhere when I started work this morning. Which was sadly very early.

Back