• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Unless things have massively changed Irish Water don’t even know where their CSOs are, not their fault it’s a legacy issue.

Written about this before, I know.

Mrs Derby has once again been told she's got 0 points for her PIP application.

In her letter from the decision maker she's been told she has 'overwhelming psychological distress but that doesn't fit with anxiety and depression'

Where do these cunts get off? sorry you can't have PIP as you don't have Down's Syndrome you've got an 'overwhelming chromosomal count'

Last time we got to this stage she couldn't face dealing with those pigs at the DWP anymore but we're taking it to a mandatory reconsideration this time.

only 35% of claims for anxiety are successful in the first instance, only 19% of mandatory reconsiderations successfully overturn the original decision however 68% of tribunal appeals successfully overturn the original so im keeping her eyes on the prize and trying to keep her expectations low but its impossible to not notice the effect it has on her talking about the conditions and how deeply it affects her.

It's a fundamentally cruel system designed to deter claimants from claiming for help, how these cunts go home and sleep is beyond me.

Agree with everything you say @Derby Wolf . Worked in welfare rights for many years previously, & for as long as I can remember well over 50% of dla/PIP appeals have been successful year on year. It used to be bad, but since 2010 the system has become inhumane.
Fingers crossed for the mandatory reconsideration, & go for an appeal after that if you can.

Written about this before, I know.

Mrs Derby has once again been told she's got 0 points for her PIP application.

In her letter from the decision maker she's been told she has 'overwhelming psychological distress but that doesn't fit with anxiety and depression'

Where do these cunts get off? sorry you can't have PIP as you don't have Down's Syndrome you've got an 'overwhelming chromosomal count'

Last time we got to this stage she couldn't face dealing with those pigs at the DWP anymore but we're taking it to a mandatory reconsideration this time.

only 35% of claims for anxiety are successful in the first instance, only 19% of mandatory reconsiderations successfully overturn the original decision however 68% of tribunal appeals successfully overturn the original so im keeping her eyes on the prize and trying to keep her expectations low but its impossible to not notice the effect it has on her talking about the conditions and how deeply it affects her.

It's a fundamentally cruel system designed to deter claimants from claiming for help, how these cunts go home and sleep is beyond me.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...m-cradle-grave-something-rotten-state-welfare

Our Virgin internet has been down since Saturday - mad how much relies on the internet in our house, couldn't even switch the heater on this morning without it, no radio either.

Oh and the car didn't charge either FFS

Our Virgin internet has been down since Saturday - mad how much relies on the internet in our house, couldn't even switch the heater on this morning without it, no radio either.
That's mad, is there no way of bypassing it?

Ours was out when I got home last night, no Wi-Fi or anything. I just rebooted the router and it was OK. Don’t know if that would work. Probably not by the sound of it.

Its back!!!
Ours was out when I got home last night, no Wi-Fi or anything. I just rebooted the router and it was OK. Don’t know if that would work. Probably not by the sound of it.
Was a VM fault, they have promised compo so will see.

A little trick I learned years ago so it may not work now. If your internet ever goes out and you have stuff that relies on it which connects over WiFi, setup a hotspot on your phone with the same WiFi name and password - your devices are blissfully ignorant about the change and you don't need to dick about reconfiguring your devices to connect to a new network.

A little trick I learned years ago so it may not work now. If your internet ever goes out and you have stuff that relies on it which connects over WiFi, setup a hotspot on your phone with the same WiFi name and password - your devices are blissfully ignorant about the change and you don't need to dick about reconfiguring your devices to connect to a new network.
That would still work, I think my phone would burn though...
1679919163012.png

Selling a house and the solicitor's involved in the process. Why does it seem like the solicitor's in a chain don't ever appear to communicate with one another? 😤🙄

Selling a house and the solicitor's involved in the process. Why does it seem like the solicitor's in a chain don't ever appear to communicate with one another? 😤🙄
A mate of mine has had the same frustrations. Offer accepted last September, and he's only just getting the keys this week. It didn't help that the sellers changed solicitors half way through the process.

We've had the problem that the buyer of our house was told by her solicitor that completion could be 30th (tomorrow) but we can't complete the purchase of ours then because who we are buying off is on holiday until 10th April. Our seller's solicitor knew that, our solicitor knew that. The person buying ours has arranged for carpet fitting and all sorts next week, which she clearly shouldn't have done anyway until completion. However, she is a bit of posh, rich dimwit with more money than sense.

It's an absolute racket. You literally have to use a solicitor in this process but they're pretty much universally shite. Basic errors, never answering calls or emails, missing their own deadlines by miles, breaking promises constantly.

A miserable experience dealing with them.

It's an absolute racket. You literally have to use a solicitor in this process but they're pretty much universally shite. Basic errors, never answering calls or emails, missing their own deadlines by miles, breaking promises constantly.

A miserable experience dealing with them.
It is possible to do your own conveyancing I believe but it's such a minefield it really isn't worth the hassle.

Back