• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Better late than never
Boiled egg, beetroot, and heinz salad cream sandwiches, mega
But dont wear anything white.

On a not dissimilar subject to the pollution in rivers; I was over in the UK recently and flew into Brum. Hired a car and drove up the M42. I could not believe the amount of rubbish and litter on the embankments. An absolute disgrace.
I was also in Bristol last year it's total mess, Graffiti everywhere and general filth.

That’s just the malaise of the uk, everywhere and everything is dirty, run down or broken, good job the victorians had civic pride and built stuff or we’d be in a bigger mess

That’s just the malaise of the uk, everywhere and everything is dirty, run down or broken, good job the victorians had civic pride and built stuff or we’d be in a bigger mess
People always say that, but if litter is your example there was far far more when I was young.

You’re probably right, we had the public information films and campaigns to keep Britain tidy, it’s because I’m older now the McDonald’s bags and Costa cups everywhere just fuck me off.
Don’t start me on dog poo bags hanging from trees

Yep we also had Rolf Harris telling kids to learn to swim and Jimmy Saville telling us to clunk click every trip because you wouldn't want to be cabbaged in a hospital with him around

People always say that, but if litter is your example there was far far more when I was young.
Don't think there was when I was young, but then I'm much older than yow. No-one could afford to throw anything away😁

I live right next to a park and I've never once seen dog poo hanging from a tree. There are plenty of bag dispensers about as well as bins and signs to bag and bin them.

Not when I was young, there was plenty, but what I saw on the M42 recently was shocking.

Mind you we can't talk about raw sewage over here, pump it straight into the sea 😞 or spread it on the land 😳

I live right next to a park and I've never once seen dog poo hanging from a tree. There are plenty of bag dispensers about as well as bins and signs to bag and bin them.
Take a walk in the countryside or along the cut.

Never seen dog poo hanging from a tree irl, but I'd take occasionally seeing it over dog shit all over the pavements and parks.

I've seen dog shit hanging in bags in trees etc periodically. It just beggars belief that you'd go to the trouble of taking bags with you, pick up the shit then leave the bag in some random place.
I've mainly seen it extremely picturesque and out of the way places where there are no bins.
Most surprising place I've seen it was on a tree just near Luds church, The Roaches.

WM bus strikes starting to have a big impact.
I support the strikers in principle. However impact is getting bigger on the family. Having to collect stepkids children from school as they're walking to/from work, and no one else can. Mrs jelly having major issues getting to/from work, and would deffo lose out on shifts if I wasn't able to get a teeny bit of flexibility from work.
Went to London monday and came back tues. Instead of a 5 min walk to bus stops, I had a 40 min walk to the nearest train station to get a train to new street to enable me to travel.
I'm relatively fit/healthy, and don't mind walking, but there must be some people who are really affected.
Also, found out today that the jobcentre argue that a 90 minute walk to a job interview is reasonable, and if you don't do it, then you face sanctions. Imagine having to walk an hour and a half in your sunday best(!) for an interview, then the same in return, or risk a sanction.

Back