• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Hawkwind are shite. And I like rock/prog and that era.

Thought people only liked hawkwind because of Stasia the dancer

My 17 has been waiting for nearly 4 years to see an orthodontist. I appreciate that Covid has played a part in the delays but the wait time went from one year to three years and despite chasing when the three years were up they still weren't ready to see him. Unsurprisingly they could have seen him within a week or two if I had a spare £4k to go private. Today was finally the day for the appointment. They rang yesterday to ensure that WE could make it due to the weather conditions and I assured them that we could. At the same time I asked if all of their staff could make it and I was assured that they could.

I've just received a call to say that the Orthodontist hasn't made it in and that they would have to cancel the appointment. :mad: Not only is that a days holiday wasted but they also can't tell me when it will be re-arranged for! :mad::mad:

8 more weeks for the rearranged appointment 😡.

My 17 has been waiting for nearly 4 years to see an orthodontist. I appreciate that Covid has played a part in the delays but the wait time went from one year to three years and despite chasing when the three years were up they still weren't ready to see him. Unsurprisingly they could have seen him within a week or two if I had a spare £4k to go private. Today was finally the day for the appointment. They rang yesterday to ensure that WE could make it due to the weather conditions and I assured them that we could. At the same time I asked if all of their staff could make it and I was assured that they could.

I've just received a call to say that the Orthodontist hasn't made it in and that they would have to cancel the appointment. :mad: Not only is that a days holiday wasted but they also can't tell me when it will be re-arranged for! :mad::mad:
The situation won’t improve. Government aren’t willing to fund it and people aren’t going to work for free.

It was an issue before Covid, particularly round here but nothing is being done about it. Apparently not as much of an issue in London /the south surprisingly…

8 more weeks for the rearranged appointment 😡.
This frustrates me. So there are spare appointment times in two months - yet I bet if you were starting from the beginning you wouldn't get offered anything for years again... What would happen to these appointments if it didn't snow?
The NHS is brilliant (as we all know) in so many areas. Administratively and managerially it's a disaster.

I've been waiting 15 months for an op. In January I got a date through for June but on a week I had a family holiday booked and despite providing this as my only unavailable date until October. Was told when I phoned up that this was really inconvenient [that I couldn't make a date that I'd said I was unavailable] as the surgeon was very difficult to get. Subsequently offered me a date in a fortnights time (end Feb!). Arse from elbow.

This frustrates me. So there are spare appointment times in two months
Spare capacity but not spare funding. Hence why they will see you privately tomorrow. The practice is a privately owned business which the NHS sub contracts to. If they (the NHS) are unwilling to pay for more cases the orthodontist won’t do any more.

It’s not the same as situation as hospitals from an admin POV. What is the same is demand/need is outweighing supply and has done for ages. Covid knocked everything back but it just made a 2-3 year wait a 3-4 year wait. Nothing is being done to rectify it though. Just continue to ignore the problem.

I'm ok at the moment thank the Lord, good job I am as mental health care is absolute chaos (and it wasn't good to start with).

I was actually just coming in here to post about people taking my anxiety personally.

It's genuinely not that I don't like people or don't want to spend time with them. More that some days I just. Don't want them to have to spend time with me? If that makes any sense. I know it's illogical (which just makes things worse, honestly).

Anywho, I already feel shit about it, and to get chewed out because of it compounds things exponentially.

Blargh. Gross day.

Not illogical at all.

You want to see some of the hoops I used to go through to not see anyone. My overriding fear was how much of a let down I'd be if I turned up as I was. Better in my mind for them not to know and I could get on by myself, no-one else needs to suffer. Say I've got a stomach bug or something.

Of course, all they wanted to do was spend a bit of time with their son/brother/mate, they didn't care if I was on a 0 out of 100 or 99 out of 100 day.

Like reading out of my own journal, that.

There's a road out of it, my friend. I don't get everything right now but go and ask folk who know me what the comparison is to 5, 10, 15 years ago.

It's a lot of work (which doesn't seem fair, neither you nor I asked for this) but worth it.

True shit, bud. I'm light years ahead of where I was when I first joined up here. Shit, I had to spend an extra year getting my first college degree because I missed the most important deadline of my third year (because, naturally, I was having such bad panic attacks over it that I couldn't get myself out of bed).

Thank God, god(s), Buddha, whoever; I'm not in quite that deep of a hole anymore.

I wouldn't wish bipolar disorder or what I've been through (NB: I can't put it all down to BPD. Sometimes I was just an idiot) on anyone.

What I do know is that I can deal with it and I've accomplished a lot in the last decade, without patting myself on the back too hard. If I could get back to writing then that would be the icing on the cake.

People who don’t put good descriptions on eBay with a blurry photo, then get all arsey when you message for more details.
Eg bike.
Click on full description it just says bike.
Yea great, what size is it, how many gears, is it broken?

Back