• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Then yep....very odd and a teeny bit creepy

Discover Weekly has gone doolally on Spotify again.

Wishbone Ash and Hawkwind FFS. Do I look like a member of CAMRA?

(Don't answer that)

I'd be delighted with Wishbone Ash or Hawkwind. And before you start, I've not been a CAMRA member for at least 5 years.

A fortnight ago, Let Loose appeared on my Discover Weekly, so think yourself lucky.

I'll happily swap you.

I've seen Let Loose live...

Yeah you can keep them. Although I think I can trump that - we've got a family Spotify 'blend' which keeps throwing up songs from Sister Act: The Musical.

Wishbone Ash are quality, Hawkwind however are and always will be cack.

I gave them both a chance when they popped up. Utter, utter, utter fucking shit. (Blowin' Free and Silver Machine respectively if that makes any difference).

But everyone has their own taste, that's fine. It annoys me that Spotify do this sometimes, push stuff your way that has no resemblance whatsoever to what you listen to. Prog rock FFS, you couldn't get further away with me.

The nadir being this week's final track by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. If anyone ever says they like them then I know I can never trust their musical opinion properly. One of the world's most abysmal bands. What makes them think I'd like them?! I've had an account since about 2007 and any of their tracks that have popped up have been skipped inside seconds, as they are wank.

Needlegun was the only good Hawkwind song. I do like that one.

RHCP? Meh. Never liked them.

Motörhead was originally a Hawkwind track that Lemmy took with him when they fired him. It was quite a bit different then!

When I was a teenager, Hawkwind used to play the Civic Hall nearly every 3 months.
We went to every gig.
What was the name of the young lady who used to play with them…? 😄😳😳🤪

Back