• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

The current fad on social media, largely by people who don't like football, to call England "The England Men's Team".

Fuck off and then fuck off again. You don't 'need' to say 'men's team' this month any more than you needed to say 'women's team' in one of their tournaments. Millie Bright isn't the england women's team captain, she's the England captain. You don't need to say women's or men's WHEN IT'S BLATANTLY FUCKING OBVIOUS WHICH TEAM YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I find it very forced and a little bit antagonistic, but one of the issues is the Women’s World Cup and the Women’s FA cup for example have the sex specified in the name of the competition.

Presumably someone/a committee has deemed that necessary/appropriate, whereas the men’s competition, FIFA World Cup, FA Cup doesn’t.

I suppose including ‘Men’s’ in the title of their competition’s will be the next step but it’s a never ending spiral trying to satisfy the SM fringe.

Not something that’s likely to go away or get easier unfortunately.

I know. To be honest I haven't seen a minute as there seems to be no coverage here outside pay platforms, so I have followed on the Beeb website.

I would be very surprised if Wales make another tournament for decades. The Bale moment in the sunlight is history.

Sonos. Their recent app update has been a disaster and has pretty much made speaker setup redundant.

Operation Wolverine

Fuck off with your stupid name and making my life hell this week.

Sonos. Their recent app update has been a disaster and has pretty much made speaker setup redundant.
There are a couple of third party apps which are decent.

Fucking covid! Forgot it was a thing, missus tested + and as I have the same symptoms guess I've got it. It's bloody inconvenient. Got our eldest and his family staying with us for a week so will feel guilty if they get it.

Watching football in bars (people have such an ignorance of where they've decided to stand. Then its on a stream so you know it's at best a minute behind.

I've just basically had a whole episode of football clichés spouted behind me in the space of about five minutes, add in some casual xenophobia too as there are a couple of Spaniards in.

I’ve watched every game at home. Took a walk an hour before kick off and decided from the demographic in our local pubs I made the right choice.
We went out for the Switzerland game in Rickmansworth and it was decent, every match I’ve been in Wolves I’ve watched at a home. Driving back earlier we got back into Wolves around 4:45 and saw loads of people straddling between pubs and outside pubs which just made me even happier I decided to stay in.

Back