• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the magic of it, innit. If you hire the right guy at the right time, the rest of that stuff stops mattering.

Yup. And I think there's a lot of reassurance to take in that we're looking to hire a coach with a relative high standing in football, and that that coach wants to come here because he thinks we have a player base to work with (which we do, they're drastically underperforming due to the previous incumbent). Hopefully Beale has the tactics and style to work for them.

Whatever the reasons for Nuno leaving, if we'd gotten his replacement right none of us would be talking about him right now.

The appointment of Lage is what should face scrutiny.

Whatever the reasons for Nuno leaving, if we'd gotten his replacement right none of us would be talking about him right now.

The appointment of Lage is what should face scrutiny.

THIS.

We were as attractive as we have ever been for a manager and we appointed a bloke that wouldn't have got a sniff of a top flight job anywhere. That's the big issue.

Lage was totally the wrong appointment but I do think Nuno's sacking was partly some Mendes trickery to get him to Spurs also. He was faltering with us but his stock was still high at the time.
Getting them to offer it to 9 blokes first is some mind trick

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
I don't think it was. Spurs tried to appoint at least a couple of others before appointing Nuno, don't think he was particularly high on the agenda for them at the start of their search.
9th on the list for Spurs.
Mendes was involved in the Spurs process after a while but even then Nuno was the 4th one he put forward

Was a front runner for Everton at one point and Palace were close but didn't want his army of backroom staff

THIS.

We were as attractive as we have ever been for a manager and we appointed a bloke that wouldn't have got a sniff of a top flight job anywhere. That's the big issue.
This gets said somewhat regularly but I'm not convinced, tbh. Although we can all now say with a lot of confidence that Bruno's success at Benfica was 99% down to Joao Felix, at the time that wasn't quite so clear (although I'm sure folks like Dan had their suspicions).

I would be willing to bet that someone would have taken a punt on the basis of that one successful season. Just unfortunate that it was us that got there first.

Sure this has been posted before - but he talks really well, especially mentions joining a club in a shit state

Well at any other club he'd have had to sit an interview, so there you go, he wouldn't have got the job because he can't speak English properly and babbles on about nothing forever.

Well at any other club he'd have had to sit an interview, so there you go, he wouldn't have got the job because he can't speak English properly and babbles on about nothing forever.
As if that's ever stopped a club before!

This gets said somewhat regularly but I'm not convinced, tbh. Although we can all now say with a lot of confidence that Bruno's success at Benfica was 99% down to Joao Felix, at the time that wasn't quite so clear (although I'm sure folks like Dan had their suspicions).

I would be willing to bet that someone would have taken a punt on the basis of that one successful season. Just unfortunate that it was us that got there first.

He was on the market for nearly a full season with nothing. Not linked anywhere, it's unlikely.

If we do appoint Beale, given his background is in youth and u23s football, does this mean that Scott Sellars has actually done something?

• Wow
Beale is clearly well regarded inside the game so I’m confident he will get the respect of the players. The fact that he’s following a man who had decreasing respect the longer he was here should help as well. A good start would go a long way to settling things down.

He was on the market for nearly a full season with nothing. Not linked anywhere, it's unlikely.
Apparently he was going to Villa if Smith had been sacked in the summer. That was the only job he was publicly linked too between leaving Benfica and joining us.

I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of Beale*. A huge gamble but if it pays off we've got ourselves a very good up and coming coach/manager. If we had gone for Bosz or whoever and then Beale went somewhere else and did really well then we'd have been kicking ourselves.

I didn't think he'd want to leave QPR already but it sounds like he's keen on the job.

(*I was also excited when we appointed Solbakken. Clearly I know nothing.)

I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of Beale*. A huge gamble but if it pays off we've got ourselves a very good up and coming coach/manager. If we had gone for Bosz or whoever and then Beale went somewhere else and did really well then we'd have been kicking ourselves.

I didn't think he'd want to leave QPR already but it sounds like he's keen on the job.

(*I was also excited when we appointed Solbakken. Clearly I know nothing.)
We stan Ståle
R.70039ff548d60c3eefbad090d31df61f

The father in law is a Rangers ST holder and he’s caught wind of the news and text the following:

“It was always said that Gerrard brought the profile and Beale brought the brains. He's a really good coach”.

Seems encouraging! Going to go and find a QPR forum to get their take on it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back