• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The early exit from QPR bit has McGhee on speed vibes, hopefully with a better outcome

Besides the coaching and tactics side of it, as important (or possibly more so) is man management and getting players to buy into your methods and vision of where you are aiming to be and what you are aiming to achieve.
Lage didn't have that demeanor and since losing Coady we seem rudderless.
You need a leaders in the dressing room and a leader on the pitch, one who embodies the manager.
Who that will be I don't know.

Sure this has been posted before - but he talks really well, especially mentions joining a club in a shit state

Well I liked what I heard in his Football Focus interview a few weeks ago, after that piece I'm all aboard the Beale train.

Reporting now that Beale's agreed personal terms.
giphy.gif

Cherry on the cake here would be for us to turn things around and comfortably get above Villa with their ex-assistant #mindthegap

I'll happily take 17th as things stand

Cherry on the cake here would be for us to turn things around and comfortably get above Villa with their ex-assistant #mindthegap

I'll happily take 17th as things stand
17th might be enough to be comfortably above Villa 😆

As for the general vibe on the QPR forum:

They're understandably bitter, with many of their fans questioning Beale's character for looking to move so soon. Some suggesting it's money orientated. Listen, I get where they're coming from. Imagine if it was us in the Championship and a PL side in/around the relegation zone came and poached the manager after 12 games, or whatever it's been. It's not a great look and it must be shit for them. But hopefully their loss is our gain etc.

'Borrowed' from Reddit

When we sacked Warburton end of last season, I thought it was a bad move and we'd be struggling in the relegation battle. Beale came in and spent nothing at all, 13 players out, 8 in, and we can go top with a win this evening.

Listening to him speak you get the impression he knows what he's talking about, he's clearly a student of the game. And he changes things tactically and personnel wise based on the opposition, instead of sticking to his same XI, or worse, tinkering too much with no thought behind it.

He also got our boys to start coming to games (and maybe training?) in suits. He said, if you don't have one yet, get one, you're not a man until you have one. And that he wants them to do that so that they understand this is a job, and to treat it with a sense of professionalism. Maybe old school, but I really liked that touch.

Alan will be chuffed

Reactions: b3h
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back