• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Jeff has been sidelined a touch on this front.

He agreed to take Lage with his half page CV and pidgin English, then had the easiest opportunity ever to sack him in May after months of awful football and results and didn't. Both monumental errors. I mean, if someone did that at your place of work, they probably wouldn't get to pick again.

It certainly feels like a Sellars appointment. After Mendes scraped his barrel and nothing was left and Jeff presumably couldn't go back to Nuno/wouldn't pay the compo (delete as applicable) then I guess it had to be just like Lambert was Thelwells

I wonder if Jeff has been sidelined a touch on this front.

He agreed to take Lage with his half page CV and pidgin English, then had the easiest opportunity ever to sack him in May after months of awful football and results and didn't. Both monumental errors. I mean, if someone did that at your place of work, they probably wouldn't get to pick again.
After he was so keen to be lauded for our success with Nuno, you'd think he'd accept responsibility for the endless fuck-ups over the past two and a half years. Not a bit of it.

Yet another example of Shi clutching at straws and hoping for the best.

Not content with previously appointing someone with almost no experience or track record he has jumped in deeper - appointing someone with no experience whatsoever.

Beale might be good, I hope he is.

More likely Jeff will have sacked him at the start of January, flounder about during the window and revert to the mendes merry go round at the start of February.

This could be a managerial appointment of ‘Fabio silva-like’ proportions. I hope with all my heart it isn’t, but if it is then there will be no more chances for Shi and a serious possibility of fosun selling up and marking it all down to experience.

Jeff is truly drinking in the last chance Saloon.

Yet another example of Shi clutching at straws and hoping for the best.

Not content with previously appointing someone with almost no experience or track record he has jumped in deeper - appointing someone with no experience whatsoever.

Beale might be good, I hope he is.

More likely Jeff will have sacked him at the start of January, flounder about during the window and revert to the mendes merry go round at the start of February.

This could be a managerial appointment of ‘Fabio silva-like’ proportions. I hope with all my heart it isn’t, but if it is then there will be no more chances for Shi and a serious possibility of fosun selling up and marking it all down to experience.

Jeff is truly drinking in the last chance Saloon.
Or maybe Jeffs done so due diligence for once? Who knows..

As Alan quite rightly pointed out, ‘it’s a bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off’

More likely Jeff will have sacked him at the start of January
You know this encompasses seven games, right?

You think it's MORE LIKELY we'll sack him inside three months (we aren't even playing for half that time) than he'll be a success, by whatever measure.

Even if he lost them all (which is unlikely, I mean it isn't even a done deal that he'll be here for Sunday, so knock another one off) then I don't think that will happen.

Don't ever apply for a job that involves assessing probability, seriously.

What's the over/under on the number of times the phrase "he knows the English game" gets used if we actually do hire Beale?

You think it's MORE LIKELY we'll sack him inside three months (we aren't even playing for half that time) than he'll be a success, by whatever measure.

Even if he lost them all (which is unlikely, I mean it isn't even a done deal that he'll be here for Sunday, so knock another one off) then I don't think that will happen.

That crystal ball sucks by the looks 😜

What's the over/under on the number of times the phrase "he knows the English game" gets used if we actually do hire Beale?
‘He has good pedigree’ will be another

I mean one positive if we do appoint him is it's one in the eye of that corpulent fuck Martin Samuel who wrote the laziest ever, "oh Wolves will just appoint another Portuguese guy, heh heh heh" article when we were linked with Martins.

Or maybe Jeffs done so due diligence for once? Who knows..

As Alan quite rightly pointed out, ‘it’s a bold strategy cotton let’s see if it pays off’

Jeff has never once got anything right. He agreed on mendes number 1 choice (lopetegui) and second (nuno) because Guo told him he had to.

Luckily for him Nuno clicked and jeff deluded himself into thinking he was thought he was some kind of latter day Giuseppe Marotta (but with extra guile, foresight and a realisation that legacy sport is dying and esports is now where it’s at).

Nuno, Dalrymple, Thelwell and all had built up our stock so high that it masked Jeff’s total incompetence for a good couple of years.

Now that stock has pretty much run out Jeff has been exposed for what he is: an imposter swept along on a tidal wave of hubris. He will meet his nemesis soon.

It wouldn't exactly be savvy leadership on Guo's part to just fire Jeff out of the blue.

I think it's fair to infer that some serious conversations have been had between them, given the pretty large outlay over the summer (quality of players notwithstanding) and the eventual sacking of Lage.

It wouldn't exactly be savvy leadership on Guo's part to just fire Jeff out of the blue.

I think it's fair to infer that some serious conversations have been had between them, given the pretty large outlay over the summer (quality of players notwithstanding) and the eventual sacking of Lage.
He doesn't survive this season with a relegation, may not do with a scrape, Mendes might not do either. Fosun know nothing about football, but the Summer spend was a big investment in the team, Jeff and Mendes. As it stands we have 55m that we spent 2 months ago that don't deserve to start on Sunday

Jeff has no experience of adversity. He reactions cannot be predicted other than to say the will be knee jerk and designed to blame everybody but himself.

Been told Beale is done by someone who has no reason to message me to tell me (other than knowing I support Wolves).

Just call me Liam from now on
I will only accept your info by DM on Twitter, that is how the pros do it

Been told Beale is done by someone who has no reason to message me to tell me (other than knowing I support Wolves).

Just call me Liam from now on
Unless it was John Percy you aren't Liam.

He's taking the match tonight, I guess there's a wave of emotion that could make him reject us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back