• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small sample size, but what I've seen of Boubacar is that he would lack the discipline to be a sitting midfielder. He'd be better at breaking up play higher in midfield. More young Vieira than Makelele.

I appreciate it's a Twitter comment from 3 years ago, but it would suggest he sees Neves' strengths higher up the pitch. I think we waste him as a sitter
Don't think playing forwards means you have to play further up the pitch.

I don’t think Nuno ever played Neves as anything other than a sitting midfielder did he? It’s the Leicester 4-3 that tweet is related to.

Beale wold be a 'left field' appaoinment, but from what has been posted seems well respected & I don't consider we have a load of PL diva's in the squad.

We are not going to get a top previously succesful manager with a good track record so not sure that this is any worse than a no name failed one from europe.

Will mean that I have to put up with a crap window clean if it happens as Adam is a QPR fan & knows that I am Wolves :)

He said looks for his forwards not playing forwards
Well looking for your forwards is playing forwards passes, no? That's my interpretation of his comment, Neves is always looking to play into the forwards, that's something which could be true of any position.

He comes across really well in this Sky Sports interview too:

"It was the best decision I made - albeit I wasn't ready to leave Liverpool. A lot of the jobs I've left, I wasn't ready to leave but the opportunity to make that next challenge and that next step I felt was important to me."

"People talk about pressure but pressure is a privilege. That's because people expect things of you. If people don't expect things of you, you're probably at the wrong level or club."

He's gonna turn us down, isn't he? 😅

I don't think so, but it's going to be a steep learning curve for him and us I think. Bruno never felt very permanent - more a safe (well, unsafe) pair of hands to look after the project. It's quite clear they want to evolve the project and move it on now.

QPR are being super quiet on this, though. If we want to move quickly will he be in the dugout tonight?

I'd prefer he was. Be committed to your current post until the end, I say. Shows character.

Sounds like he is keen. But imagine how embarrassing it would be if he did turn us down

Liking all the positive links people have posted.

It's gunna be a tough job for anyone to take on. Seeing as he's fairly young and highly regarded by players and other coaches, plus doing well in his current job, then he obviously backs himself to come in and help us push forward. I.e surely be another opportunity to manage at a better level in his near future.

In fact if he turns us down then maybe we really are in the shit haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back