• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Millwall (H) Build-up

And here comes 'everyone blames the ref when Wolves lose'.

Tell me how players counter being elbowed in the throat or kicked as they make runs etc? Apart from not reacting and avoid picking up cards how do you play through that?

I watched the game albeit 24 hours later and the alleged attempted murder by Cardiff players just did not take place.

I watched the game albeit 24 hours later and the alleged attempted murder by Cardiff players just did not take place.
You are a laugh.

I'm guessing off the ball incidents weren't shown as the camera followed the action so are you calling me liar and what I witnessed didn't actually happen?. At no point am I saying Cardiff were flying in on challenges. They didn't they were sly and clever and were allowed to carry on.

We lost because we deserved to lose but that doesn't mean the stuff didn't happen.

It’s pointless going round these arguments with Frank ad infinitum, it’s clear he doesn’t actually attend wolves games so any views he has on off the ball incidents, not shown during the 5 mins channel 5 highlights, are moot.

It’s pointless going round these arguments with Frank ad infinitum, it’s clear he doesn’t actually attend wolves games so any views he has on off the ball incidents, not shown during the 5 mins channel 5 highlights, are moot.

The full 90 minutes on Wolves TV the day after gives a good impression as taken from 1 camera so able to follow stuff off where the ball is - I would challenge anyone who had seen that & said that Cardiff were not pushing things to the limit (though the Ref should have dealt with it in real time)

The full 90 minutes on Wolves TV the day after gives a good impression as taken from 1 camera so able to follow stuff off where the ball is - I would challenge anyone who had seen that & said that Cardiff were not pushing things to the limit (though the Ref should have dealt with it in real time)

Fair enough, not watched the 90 mins but I would think cameras would have missed the sly digs, blocking etc from Cardiff. A competent ref should not have missed the,

You are a laugh.

I'm guessing off the ball incidents weren't shown as the camera followed the action so are you calling me liar and what I witnessed didn't actually happen?. At no point am I saying Cardiff were flying in on challenges. They didn't they were sly and clever and were allowed to carry on.

We lost because we deserved to lose but that doesn't mean the stuff didn't happen.

At least we know why referees assessors are redundant if they're all apologists in denial.

Fair comment that I rarely attend games nowadays, as my weekends are rather busy. But from the 60's to the late eighties I went to most games home or away.

And by the way I have access to to the full 90 minutes of every game in the football league.

At least we know why referees assessors are redundant if they're all apologists in denial.

True, we are now called observers, but whatever faults there are in the system, and believe me there are many, but at least observers are neutral.

True, we are now called observers, but whatever faults there are in the system, and believe me there are many, but at least observers are neutral.

Strikes me you're very biased toward the referees and their assistants, almost sycophantic.

And you may well have access to all games but you will know that a camera angle view is not the same as bring at a live game.

Strikes me you're very biased toward the referees and their assistants, almost sycophantic.

And you may well have access to all games but you will know that a camera angle view is not the same as bring at a live game.

Yes I do tend to try to put forward the referee side of things, and maybe I am biased, but I try to defend the officials given the criticism referees get on here every time Wolves lose. I cannot recall there being too much criticism of the officials following our games against Middlesbrough, Derby County and Hull City.

The official against Boro was very good. Nothing to do with winning or losing. Both Cardiff and Wolves fans have derided the official for that game as he was very poor.

The difference being the official for the Boro game did not affect the result. The other did. Those are facts not opinion.

The official against Boro was very good. Nothing to do with winning or losing. Both Cardiff and Wolves fans have derided the official for that game as he was very poor.

The difference bring the official for the Boro game did not affect the result. The other did. Those are facts not opinion.

Others such as Kenny have said differently, but you saw the games live whereas I saw them 24 hours later, so I respect your opinion.

Others such as Kenny have said differently, but you saw the games live whereas I saw them 24 hours later, so I respect your opinion.

I don't think Kenny has said any different to me has he?

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make Frank. The TV didn't show the stuff the ref missed, you weren't at the game. How can you possibly know what the ref did or didn't miss?
No one has said the ref was to blame, but everyone, apart from you has said he was awful.

There was a question further up which hasn't been answered. If we get another ref and another team like Cardiff - what are our players supposed to do?

Yes I do tend to try to put forward the referee side of things, and maybe I am biased, but I try to defend the officials given the criticism referees get on here every time Wolves lose. I cannot recall there being too much criticism of the officials following our games against Middlesbrough, Derby County and Hull City.

A question Frank though I'm not sure if you have access to any report and able to answer. Did the referee from the Cardiff game (and his team) score well with the observer or were they marked down/reprimanded?

The ref was cack against Cardiff but Wolves lost because Cardiff pressed us and outdid us tactically. We were well beaten and arguments over the ref and what he missed off the ball are a little disingenuous as we deserved to lose the game.

Hopefully Nuno has had some time to reassess and implement some tweaks to overcome the high press, and hopefully Jed Wallace puts in his usual Molineux performance, just this time it will be in our favour...!

Back