• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Millwall (H) Build-up

I would say if no Boly this will be the eleven...

Ruddy

Batth
Coady
Miranda

Doherty
Saiss
Neves
Douglas

Cavaleiro
Bonatini
Jota

This break has come at a good time I would say, are any of the above on international duty? Saiss maybe? It's a good chance to refine our shape and work on a few things Nuno wouldn't have been able to with a hectic schedule.

Isn't Neves with the Portugal U21s and Doherty in the Ireland squad?

Is he? Damn. Doherty was in provisional squad but I don't know what happened with it.

Don't think Doherty made the final cut. Neves is with Portugal U21s

Doherty isn't in the squad. O'Neill basically names anyone who is qualified for Ireland and plays in the top two leagues in a provisional squad for whatever reason. He never makes the final cut.

Don't know about anyone else but i can't wait for the build up to start for this game because i'm fed up of international breaks and this is the first one of the season. Give me Wolves over England every day of the week.

I think it will Batth in for Boly if he is injured although i wouldn't be against Saiss there like Bear says, that's clearly not going to happen though. Think Cav will start this game instead of Bright and Douglas back in for Vinagre if he's fit.

I hope not, he's crud.

just got our tickets, first time up this season massively looking forward to seeing our new team beat Millwall (my local team when i was a kid back in London)
can't wait , bringing my son up who i have managed to convert to a Wolves fan (took a lot of work but got him well and truly hooked now).
what pub is best for a quick pint before the game ? been to the western before other games just fancy a change. COYW !!!

Yeah if Boly isn't fit it will be Batth that comes in for him. He was our strongest defender against Saints. Miranda to the left of the three I would imagine.

Douglas for Vinagre but if he's still not fit not got an issue with Vinagre playing, he's very exciting.

Still no sign of Kortney Hause? I don't like the thought of Batth/Bennett and Doherty down our right hand side.

Hopefully we get to see Helder Costa for the first time this season. Very excited to see how he links up with Jota/Ivan/Leo/Bright.

what pub is best for a quick pint before the game ? been to the western before other games just fancy a change. COYW !!!

A number of people congregate in the Royal London from around 12.30 till 2 before moving on elsewhere.

Yeah if Boly isn't fit it will be Batth that comes in for him. He was our strongest defender against Saints. Miranda to the left of the three I would imagine.

Douglas for Vinagre but if he's still not fit not got an issue with Vinagre playing, he's very exciting.

Nuno may not be big on positional changes for individual players so when one drops out he may just try to find a direct replacement.

Douglas has been enjoying Marbella the last few days. You'd imagine if he was injured the club would want him at home resting and coming in for treatment.

Nuno said Douglas was close to playing v Brentford so he should certainly be fit for Saturday

Millwall will probably set up like Cardiff City did. Let's see if Nuno has learned the lessons from that game. I can't see there being many goals, though if we had more than one striker it might help. I think we might edge it 1 - 0. For all the good football we play there is still very little end product.

We will be fine with how they set up, we handled that v Cardiff ok. We struggled with their off the ball antics though. If only there was someone on the pitch who could help out....

We will be fine with how they set up, we handled that v Cardiff ok. We struggled with their off the ball antics though. If only there was someone on the pitch who could help out....

The eleven players in Wolves shirts...

Tell me how players counter being elbowed in the throat or kicked as they make runs etc? Apart from not reacting and avoid picking up cards how do you play through that?

The eleven players in Wolves shirts...

The ref's performance was dogshit, if you think putting up with the sort of tactics Cardiff employed is reasonable then fair enough, but any ref who's even half decent would have put a stop to it sooner. Tactics like that disrupt teams, it's what they're designed to do, piss poor referees help those tactics work.

Back