• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Matchday Thread - Owls vs Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly aren't dreadful at all - not sure Bennett has the quality to stay in this side for much longer as he has serious limits

Front 3 not firing properly (though some of that is down to decent Weds defending & our inability to keep everyone onside)

Not that far off clicking

Definitely aren't dreadful or complacent. Just under par compared to what we've been used to. Shifting baseline syndrome innit. :icon_smile:

That said, Bennett needs to come off at HT. Not worth the risk of the red when we have Miranda on the bench.

Gorgeous bit of isolated class from Neves.
Free kick came i diagonally from Cav, ball got heade clear and everyone ran out and some 25 yards out, with no one within 15 feet of him, Neves sweetly passed the ball with the inside of his right foot diagonally across the goal into the bottom right corner past the despairing fingers of the keeper. Sweet, but that's about it.
Their manager's body language when Neves scored was awful.
Poor quality game. Sheff have around 53% possession and have generally shown more inventiveness missing 2 simple and clear cut chances early in the game.
Wolves need to wake up score a couple then coast. At the moment we're coasting and we well maybe made to look foolish.
Come on Nuno, sort your shit out.

If we win tonight we'll have reached the 50 point mark in just 22 games. The fastest since.... Wolves did it in 2008-9 when we secured the title then.
Sheff have won only 1 of their last 18 home games against us.

Unsure why Cav is being singled out when Bonatini and Jota have both been just as bad/invisible.

Need to take Bennett off he's gonna get a red card something is winding him up.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Come on now.... remember what we were like in previous seasons..... that was bloody dreadful.

Whilst we don't look amazing tonight, we are playing the ball on the ground and haven't resorted to hoofball. We had some moments where we've played the 1-2's in the final third and nearly got in.

We definitely aren't dreadful.
I agree, even this is still light years ahead of last seasons efforts.
Think either Jota or Cav need to release the ball quicker to leo when we break though...it's happened too many times in the last 3 matches now.

Unsure why Cav is being singled out when Bonatini and Jota have both been just as bad/invisible.

Leo has been very quiet, but I think Jota has looked threatening. I'm a big fan of Cav and he doesn't shy away but his touch in this case has been poor.

Because our play is all down the right via Cav and it breaks down every time.

Comms mentioned Jota is suspended for Ipswich now, anyone know if that's correct?

Peach of a goal from Neves, it really was. Seems like he only scores stunners!

He's not suspended. The comms said the cutoff for 5 yellows has already gone.

Rhodes has impressed me tonight. Looks like he has really improved his game.

Because our play is all down the right via Cav and it breaks down every time.
And what about the backheel to create a chance for Bonatini?

And what about the backheel to create a chance for Bonatini?

Yep one good moment of play. Doesn’t make up for him looking like a competition winner for 44mins.

Cavaleiro. Offside.

Rinse and repeat. He'll be the first sub for Costa sooner rather than later.

Cav offside again - really needs to get his head up & look across the line

Our counter attacks have been unusually slow and laboured tonight. Costa could change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back