• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Forest Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I agree with this. Getting the ball wide with the defence set isn't promising. We seem to be missing that zip and attack on different angles and different start points.

I'm sure it's just temporary but our good form had our players moving off the ball with pace and differing angles.

I don't agree, we got to the byline, or crossed deep to the back post, or had Costa running at their back line only for it to turn into nothing.

My main concern was that the players looked knackered in the last ten minutes.

yeah it's definitely becoming more of a trend than a one-off. not overly worried, but obviouisly need to get back on it.

We need to do something 9 goals in 9 games and that includes a 3 and 2 nil win.

Whilst we are still top its not good enough.
I did not see the second half but 1st half was horrible, we gave the ball away far too often Saiss, and Coady responsible for the goals.
Have to say the ref was poor in the first half, there was at least 1 red card challenge that they got away with.

Would like to see a couple of signings over the next week, a striker, RWB, and a defensive midfielder.

I don't think there is even an argument that Forest parked the bus they did a lot more going forward than we did. It's the final 3rd we are struggling with, which has been a theme in games that we haven't scored early on. Today is a very bad day at the office, Forest should be praised though they defended excellently albeit they are very lucky indeed to finish with 11 players.

I think we have to look at the way we set up, I am more than happy with the way the CB's & wingbacks work but I think at times we need more movement alongside Neves (as good as Saiss has been) so that we potentially have someone running into the box to get on the end of a cross.

Just felt like nothing went our way today, the players looked very frustrated. I expect to see 1 or 2 changes for Ispwich.

I don't agree, we got to the byline, or crossed deep to the back post, or had Costa running at their back line only for it to turn into nothing.

Our good wins haven't relied on crosses from open play. I find it strange that you think this would work when it hasn't all season and didn't today.

We're much better running in inside positions at defenders and playing off Bomatini and that we've stopped doing for some reason and I don't know why.

Unfortunately so much of our play goes through Leo and when he's having a bad day he's, well, bad.

Obviously haven't seen the match today but from the sounds of it he had a mare, and that really kills our fluidity going forward.

I'm much less concerned over the goals we conceded as they seemed incredibly out of character for us.

Our good wins haven't relied on crosses from open play. I find it strange that you think this would work when it hasn't all season and didn't today.

We're much better running in inside positions at defenders and playing off Bomatini and that we've stopped doing for some reason and I don't know why.

We've scored plenty from crosses in openly play, or with a cut back even. I don't disagree with what you are saying about the inside positions but what has been our strong point is our ability to attack across the width of the pitch, inside or outside. We certainly needed to play the ball centrally more often into Bonatini, whch I think we are finding it difficult currently what with the opposition often doing everything to protect those spaces

I agree with Johnny we play much better threading through the middle, we don't really have the players for balls in the air unless we start Mir perhaps. Bonatini has been great at dragging players away and creating space for others to run into for most of the season yet this seems to have stopped working for some reason, perhaps opposing players are wise to it now.

Either way we need to change things up a little bit, if we are going to put lots of crosses into the box we need people that are 1) on the end of it 2) can head the ball.

Teams just close out the centre of the pitch. Let Neves spray it wide and then 99% if the time Doc and Baz will just play it back inside, play a shit ball or lose it. All our play is relying on our two worst players at the minute.

Teams just close out the centre of the pitch. Let Neves spray it wide and then 99% if the time Doc and Baz will just play it back inside, play a shit ball or lose it. All our play is relying on our two worst players at the minute.

Neither of them are 1v1 players going forward, for all their good play this season. What is good about Vinagre is that he offers a different attacking outlet, an ability to run with the ball, and commit defenders. And we definitely need an equivalent on the right hand side I'd say.

Fully agree with this. This style of attacking has deserted us for a while now.

Neither of them are 1v1 players going forward, for all their good play this season. What is good about Vinagre is that he offers a different attacking outlet, an ability to run with the ball, and commit defenders. And we definitely need an equivalent on the right hand side I'd say.

No they aren’t. Baz doesn’t even try, Doc tries the same thing every time badly. But why when they end up 1 v 1 are Cav Jota not making runs inside the fullback or opening angles for 1,2s. Even when we work the cross Bonatini goes on the cutback, Cav and Jota are on the corners of the area and the opposite full back isn’t really making an effort to make the back post. So if the ball isn’t cut back to Bonatini then there is no one there. This needs work and/or more desire from the players.

I think that's fair. To score from those positions I think we need a poacher in the box though.

Some of these comments about costa are incredibly harsh. Can’t imagine those making the comments were actually at the game, yes some of his crosses weren’t great, but neither did he have much to aim for and he no support on the right at all. He ran himself into the ground and was always looking for the ball.

Some of these comments about costa are incredibly harsh. Can’t imagine those making the comments were actually at the game, yes some of his crosses weren’t great, but neither did he have much to aim for and he no support on the right at all. He ran himself into the ground and was always looking for the ball.

His delivery wasn't great but I felt he was the only one actually running at players. Just often got crowded out unfortunately.

His delivery wasn't great but I felt he was the only one actually running at players. Just often got crowded out unfortunately.

Exactly, normally he would have a wing back supporting him - in this case he often had no one, or very occasionally Saiss who isn’t exactly quick.

Teams just close out the centre of the pitch. Let Neves spray it wide and then 99% if the time Doc and Baz will just play it back inside, play a $#@! ball or lose it. All our play is relying on our two worst players at the minute.

That's a good point. We need them to overlap and cause damage but they rarely do.

the entire second half felt like nonstop springing up and down the sidelines, so of course they were tired.

Costa on the left didn't work so he moved to the right and from then was decent enough certainly no worse than the others.

Noone created anything clear cut so singling Costa out is madness.

Some fans on twitter saying MGW isn't good enough, do these people actually watch Wolves??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back