• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Forest Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Forest, beaten us well today.

Didn’t help matters by playing into their gameplan by only really trying to do things from out wide, mind. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve got the ball out wide and had a cross in blocked by the first man. Their defenders have happily eaten those up all day.

Good play down wings, cross/ball in blocked or over hit.
Repeat that for 90 minutes and there's your commentary

I wonder if the plan was just wrong in that we've stopped using the middle and are lazily over using the wings. I'm sure Nuno will change it.

Once again attack is faltering, spluttering, misfiring (et al) 5 shots the whole game with only 1 on target. We're not going to win many with stats like that. 4' added on.

Once again attack is faltering, spluttering, misfiring (et al) 5 shots the whole game with only 1 on target. We're not going to win many with stats like that. 4' added on.

Dont say things like that you will get slated.

We've bin poor for a few games, Barnsley, Swansea, niw Forest.

Today was really dissapointed

The annoying thing is how poor we've been going forwards. No decent shots on goal, no decent crosses or through balls to create anything.

every time it gets passed to costa I just brace for possession being lost

Arsenal took their foot off the pedal. ended up 4-1. They were 4 up after about 25 mins!
What are your thoughts on Costa?

On the plus side, I think MGW has looked decent.

The annoying thing is how poor we've been going forwards. No decent shots on goal, no decent crosses or through balls to create anything.

We’ve got into promising positions, only to play a poor pass or cross in. Disappointing but it happens, our first defeat since October I think we can allow the players this one

Dont say things like that you will get slated.

We've bin poor for a few games, Barnsley, Swansea, niw Forest.

Today was really dissapointed

yeah it's definitely becoming more of a trend than a one-off. not overly worried, but obviouisly need to get back on it.

Jota, Bonatini and Costa were all poor.

Cav at least tried but can't do it on his own

Game ends - not good, but still only our first league defeat since October

No shot on target in 90 mins. Not sure we would have got one in 180.

dreadful game, on the positive side I thought MGW was excellent when he came on.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Jeff might be on the phone with Jorge as we speak...

We’ve got into promising positions, only to play a poor pass or cross in. Disappointing but it happens, our first defeat since October I think we can allow the players this one

I'm not sure I agree with this. Getting the ball wide with the defence set isn't promising. We seem to be missing that zip and attack on different angles and different start points.

I'm sure it's just temporary but our good form had our players moving off the ball with pace and differing angles with our start points in different parts of the pitch with different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back