• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's quite unique in my time. I've hated players for not trying, being plain shit, being unfit, costing us in key games....he's in a group of exactly one where I can see he's a good player, there's even a decent collection of good moments in a Wolves shirt...but he's just dislikeable all round.

@Alan - what do you think he was trying to do mate?!
He's just a horrible twat.

It's not even, 'he's our horrible twat but we love him' stuff either. He really is just a horrible twat*

*Is that enough times I've said he's a horrible twat?

He's just a horrible twat.

It's not even, 'he's our horrible twat but we love him' stuff either. He really is just a horrible twat*

*Is that enough times I've said he's a horrible twat?
He's not quite as bad as Maupay or Ashley Barnes but it's that wheelhouse, isn't it.

Moved the Shithead XI posts elsewhere so that the excellent stuff posted from @Sedgley Wolf and others isn't clogged up by debate about non Wolves loan players.

Thanks @Sniffer (I enjoyed the shithead chat really).

Update from the weekend:

Yerson Mosquera and Goncalo Guedes - Villarreal, La Liga

Mosquera played the full game again, this time getting a nice assist for the first Villarreal goal in a mad 4-4 draw at home to Madrid. Bailly had a torrid time next to him at CH, so we may see him moved back there for the last game. Guedes also played the full game but was fairly anonymous.

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos - Greek Super League
Scored in a huge game against Panathinaikos with a (dare I say it) Neves-esque chip, but then got himself sent off in the last minute. Also got the assist for the other goal in a 2-2 draw. Also played 81 minutes in a 2-0 win over AEK last mid-week.

Chiqunho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played the 57 minutes vs Casa Pia and got an accidental assist after his misplaced pass trickled through to another colleague who scored from long range.

Bendeguz Bolla - Servette, Swiss Premier League
Played 67 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at home to Young Boys. Had a tap-in ruled out for offside and also fired a shot over. Came on for 10 minutes in the previous game, another defeat. That's them out of the CL running now, but they do have a cup final to look forward to.

On as sub: Fabio Silva and Lembikisa squared off in a 3-3 draw at Hearts. Silva came on after an hour and scored with a nice finish; Dexter came on 15 mins later and scored with an even better one - he also floated in a peach of a cross with his left foot that was headed just wide.

Unused sub: Hubner.

Starboy's loan ends with a 1-0 defeat in the cup final

He might care to leave Glasgow this evening

Despite being predominantly pro Celtic due to family, part of me wanted him to get another cup winners medal just for the sheer strangeness of it all.

A few bits and pieces to tie up the season

Silva got 74 minutes in Scottish Cup Final defeat to Celtic.
Mosquera played the full game in a 1-1 draw at Osasuna, Guedes came on after an hour.
Bolla came on after 77 minutes in 2-0 win at Lugano.
Hubner wasn't in the squad for their last match.
Danny P will probably play tonight. I'm sure a few of us will watch.

Podence signs off his loan spell with a trophy

Bolla can do the same on Sunday in the Swiss Cup final

Speaking after the win over Fiorentina, Podence said about joining Olympiacos (as quoted by A Bola)

“I came here in a difficult situation, I went to England, I did well, but I felt that they didn’t value me as I wanted and I came back to a club where they like me a lot.

“I made a lot of sacrifices to come back, I heard a lot of people say it wasn’t the right step, it’s not a normal step to come from the Premier League to Greece, but I believe a lot in myself and my convictions.

“We didn’t have an easy season, but I fought, I think I did very well and I was able to help the team and these people who love me so much, and who have a place in my heart.”

Not sure who he means by "they".

If it's the fans, then grow up Daniel.

If it's Lopetegui, fair enough but Gary O'Neil offered you a route back in and you didn't want to know.

“I appreciate the fans of all the clubs I have been too because even if it wasn’t going well I always got messages of support from Wolves, Porto or PSV fans.

“But at Rangers it was different, they are so intense and passionate that it was hard to cope. I loved the atmosphere in the Europa League game or the draw with Celtic and that will live with me forever because as even in Portugal I’ve never witnessed that level of noise in a stadium before.

“We won most games when I was there, but after just one or two defeats or even draws I was getting thousands of messages of abuse on social media.

“If I posted anything or if the club posted anything including me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter the comment section was full of people saying I was useless or ‘get out of this club’.

“I think they forget I am a young man in a foreign country trying my very best, but for a large section of Rangers fans that wasn’t enough as they hate to see their big rival winning titles, and I can understand that, but think they were unfair on me as I was played out of position most of the time and in most games played well.

“It is for that reason I would never want to return to Rangers, in fact I wouldn’t even consider it.

“I hope my next move is to La Liga as I love the country and the culture and think it will be best suited to me for my development as a player.

“I wish Rangers all the best in the future but have no interest in returning to play there.”

“Played out of position”. Thought he was moved to the left because he was shit up top and couldn’t displace the titan of Cyriel Dessers

“Played out of position”. Thought he was moved to the left because he was shit up top and couldn’t displace the titan of Cyriel Dessers
He did a job share with Dessers. Took it in turns to play in the #9 position. Didn't matter who started one week, dropped the next regardless of form or goals scored
Eventually he dropped that idea and Fabs got a game on the left in a Europa game and did well so he stayed there.

Back