• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (H) 21.12.18

If Jota not fit then would prefer Cav, but 'whatever' - won't be my decision anyway

Wouldn't make any other change initially, though can see Saiss coming on for either Neves or Moutinho later on depending what the score is

Someone froth sicked all over my back at Molineux hope it wasn't one of you lot

All part of that matchday magic. Were you wearing a hoodie? My accidental victim wore a green hoodie.

Jota was in light training today, so fingers crossed he might make it.

All part of that matchday magic. Were you wearing a hoodie? My accidental victim wore a green hoodie.

Nah! The people left immediatley whoever it was, assuming from pure shame

If you're going to knock about with me, can you not vomit on people please? That's three of you now.

Sake.

I didn't vomit, I shouted and did an accidental flob on his back.

Same as. I simply said bye to the landlord of the western and out out it popped into his face.

FNAAR........

When I was 19 I was in my girlfriends bedroom and vomited out the window. It spilled all down her parents living room window. I thought that was bad until I heard..............................

'vomited into someone's hoodie.'

Anyway, as fun as it is talking about vomit... back to the game.

No news on Jota yet. If he isn’t fit for Friday then I would start with Cav (not Costa) and keep the rest of the side the same. This is as close to a free hit as it gets for us this season and we have nothing to lose. If we can keep our shape at the back and prevent their front three from getting in behind us and down the channels, we have a fighting chance of doing them some harm on the counter.

Given our record against the other teams in the top 6 there’s no reason we cannot get something out of the game. The only game we will play this year I think we can view as a free hit is Man City away.

There's no reason we can not get something from games that are a free hit.

There extremely fluid and pacy front 3 is going to be a real test for us. Especially important Nuno has an idea for if they press us like like I imagine they will.

I'd go as far as saying the Liverpool front three are better than the City front three. There's a lot more pace in there for a start. The City players are more technically gifted (Silva, KDB etc) - but I suspect our defence - Bennett, Boly, Coady - would rather come up against technically gifted players than players with blistering pace (like Mane, Salah & Co).

Salah and Mane are not noticeably quicker than Sterling and Sane. Sane is ludicrously quick.

Salah had better watch out for Sergio Ramos, i mean Ryan Bennett !!!!! LOL

The ol' step across

Salah and Mane are not noticeably quicker than Sterling and Sane. Sane is ludicrously quick.

Not sure both Sterling & Sane will play at the same time now Aguero is back. More likely it'll be one of Sterling or Sane with Aguero + Silva. When we drew 1-1 with them at Molineux they started with Sterling, Aguero & B. Silva.

Salah, Mane & Firmino are Liverpool's clear first choice front three and I imagine this is who we'll come up against on Friday. I think our defence will struggle against that kind of pace and we'll end up playing very deep so they can't get in behind.

Indeed, Aguero or Jesus probably quicker than Firmino to probably swing the balance in City's favour overall.

Think if Liverpool line up as they did against United then there's decent potential for Wolves to frustrate them. Salah down the middle doesn't really work for me and with Coady doing that sweeping job should mean he doesn't really have opportunity to make the most of his pace in the centre of the pitch, Firmino dropping deep from that position and potentially overloading the midfield would be much more worrying to me, along with the pace and movement from Mane and Salah in the wider areas where the former could have Bennett on toast and Salah's movement off the flank could expose the times when Boly steps out of line.

We pretty much never play a high line anyway, not much will change from the back three's point of view.

Not sure both Sterling & Sane will play at the same time now Aguero is back. More likely it'll be one of Sterling or Sane with Aguero + Silva. When we drew 1-1 with them at Molineux they started with Sterling, Aguero & B. Silva.

Salah, Mane & Firmino are Liverpool's clear first choice front three and I imagine this is who we'll come up against on Friday. I think our defence will struggle against that kind of pace and we'll end up playing very deep so they can't get in behind.
Bernardo has played centrally pretty much all season in KdB's absence, although he did play RW against us. Sane is nailed on whenever Mendy isn't fit as he wants someone out on the left to stretch the pitch.

I'm hopeful they'll go 4-2-3-1 with Shaqiri on the right and Salah central as they don't look as fluid in that formation and are easier to get at centrally.

Back