• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. :icon_lol:

Some shit commentators around - "Bendtner mistimes his jump", cue replay that shows that Magic Johnson wouldn't have got his head on the cross, but no, it's still Bendtner's jumping that is at fault. Whatever.

Referee had an absolute shocker tonight. Not having that Shelvey was a red card and definitely not a pen as Lansbury did just as much as he did. Newcastle should have had 2 pens, seemed to have had a good goal disallowed and the second red card and penalty was another shocker. Definitely debatable whether it's a pen but 100% not a red card. Newcastle can feel very hard done by imo.

The moment Shelvey kicks out he is risking a red card. From the Assistants view (he made the call), it will look bad and Lansbury made sure it looked worse than it was.

Not sure the assistant could see from he was with all the bodies in the way, i think he made the decision based on Lansbury staying down but hope i'm wrong.

Referee had an absolute shocker tonight. Not having that Shelvey was a red card and definitely not a pen as Lansbury did just as much as he did. Newcastle should have had 2 pens, seemed to have had a good goal disallowed and the second red card and penalty was another shocker. Definitely debatable whether it's a pen but 100% not a red card. Newcastle can feel very hard done by imo.

+1
Ref robbed the toon.
Several times.
Not that I really care.

The moment Shelvey kicks out he is risking a red card. From the Assistants view (he made the call), it will look bad and Lansbury made sure it looked worse than it was.

I agree with this. Yes Lansbury made it as theatrical as possible, but as soon as a player kicks out he risks being sent off.

It is also possibly correct that the referee did not have his best ever game, but a bit less diving and cheating by the players might have helped.

Ref's bottled it there, Luiz should be off.

Great finish by Cahill! Right into the top corner of his own net!

Terrible full back play by Alonso too. Just let him cross the ball mate, no danger.

Ref's bottled it there, Luiz should be off.

I do feel that Aguero went down far too easily. He should have been much stronger, but having said that maybe it was a foul. The replay is very telling. The referee clearly was not too sure as he looked over at his assistant, which he shouldn't have needed to do. It was his decision to make.

How has De Bruyne missed that!? Great game this, really enjoyable.

Incredible miss! City need to kill this game off.

I do feel that Aguero went down far too easily. He should have been much stronger, but having said that maybe it was a foul. The replay is very telling. The referee clearly was not too sure as he looked over at his assistant, which he shouldn't have needed to do. It was his decision to make.

I agree that Aguero went down easily when the ball was out of reach and I think that's what made the refs mind up.

He glanced at his Lino to see if he was flagging anything, which he didn't, so play on!

De Bruyne has had a poor start to this half, and now Chelsea equalise.

Otamendi all over the place again, liability.

Back