• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Apparently Skybet had a special on the reserve keeper eating a pie live on TV. (8-1)

He could now possibly be in trouble for breaching FA betting rules

Apparently Skybet had a special on the reserve keeper eating a pie live on TV. (8-1)

He could now possibly be in trouble for breaching FA betting rules

Sun Bets...who sponsored Sutton for this game.

I am shocked and appalled that such an upstanding news outlet would stoop so low.

Once he knew he wasn't coming on then he tucked into a pie immediately :icon_biggrin:
Just seen that Sun Bets, Sutton's sponsor for the night, were offering 8/1 for the keeper to eat a pie on air. All a little contrived.

If the FA ban him and fine him I'm sure the money the Sun paid him will cover the cost of the fine.

Good. Dickheaded thing to do. My view of Sutton has been darkened considerably by their desire to be involved with the Sun for this game.

It is sad that this has overshadowed a magnificent display by Sittom United last night.

I'm just very confused by the situation. Has he done this to make money? Surely not as it will be pretty obvious.

Why did the bookie put this novelty market on? And if he had nothing to do with them making the maket then surely it is just a joke?

Maybe I'm missing the point here?

Subverting a betting market is against the law. The actual law, not just FA rules.

Pretty clear he was coerced to do it by SunBets (who by rights should be in trouble with the Gambling Commission too) and by admitting he got his mates to all lump on as much as they could then he's bang to rights on that point too.

Apparently 2000 bets were put on that he'd eat a pie. Happy days for a few people in Sutton.

Subverting a betting market is against the law. The actual law, not just FA rules.

Pretty clear he was coerced to do it by SunBets (who by rights should be in trouble with the Gambling Commission too) and by admitting he got his mates to all lump on as much as they could then he's bang to rights on that point too.

Apparently 2000 bets were put on that he'd eat a pie. Happy days for a few people in Sutton.

Surely sunbets have thrown away a load of money on this? Makes no sense

It is publicity for them. 2000 bets at 8-1 is still less than 20 grand. Their defence will be that they were the only bookie offering this bet so they would be the only ones who could lose out. Which is technically true, but doesn't actually make it not an offence.

It is illegal by him and them, and they should both be hauled over the coals.

It is publicity for them. 2000 bets at 8-1 is still less than 20 grand. Their defence will be that they were the only bookie offering this bet so they would be the only ones who could lose out. Which is technically true, but doesn't actually make it not an offence.

It is illegal by him and them, and they should both be hauled over the coals.

That's what I'd assumed.

I was completely unaware The Sun had a betting company until this so it's worked from that point of view, suppose they'll have to wait and see what the punishment is before they decide if it's been worthwhile.

Still fucking funny though

Is it? Really?

It is sub Paddy Power lite. Bendtner's pants. That was amusing. Stupid he got fined for breaking FIFA rules, but Paddy Power and Bendtner were not actually doing something illegal. This is a criminal offence, no matter how it is dressed up as a jolly japes.

And it sums up the Sun completely.

Back