• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days, but a small upset in African qualifying for the World Cup, Mozambique beating Gabon by a goal to nil.

Becks is still worth the entrance fee on his own. Still miss him in an England shirt.

Another day of surprises in African WCQs.

Gabon righted the ship to knock out Mozambique on penalties in the only 2nd leg of the day.

The 1st leg upsets included the following:

Benin 2 - 1 Burkina Faso
Togo 0 - 1 Uganda
Madagascar 2 - 2 Senegal
Comoros 0 - 0 Ghana
Kenya 1 - 0 Cape Verde
Swaziland 0 - 0 Nigeria
Tanzania 2 - 2 Algeria
Chad 1 - 0 Egypt
Botswana 2 - 1 Mali

Leyton Orient deservedly take the lead at Hartlepool. They have been by far the better team so far.

Quite an enjoyable first half. Though Orient must be kicking themselves that they are not in front.

Takes me back to that great season we spent in League 1, no media coverage, very little television coverage, most games played at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, heaven!

Takes me back to that great season we spent in League 1, no media coverage, very little television coverage, most games played at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, heaven!

Indeed, and tackles flying in, no silly rolling around in agony, and total commitment from both teams.

Hartlepool take the lead totally against the run of play.

Whilst I don't disagree - with hindsight it was only that good because we escaped at the first time of asking. If we had cocked up & were still there I would be feeling less enamoured

Whilst I don't disagree - with hindsight it was only that good because we escaped at the first time of asking. If we had cocked up & were still there I would be feeling less enamoured

I know a Sheffield United fan, and he is totally fed up of the Blades being stuck in league one.

Our games in L1 were largely dull. Once we went 1-0 up you knew we were going to win nearly every time.

Team in party mode v team wanting to slit their wrists.

Game v Rotherham was an epic game. I enjoyed most games from the 2nd half of the season, certainly didn't find them dull. Yes we were nailed on to win but I enjoyed our attacking play.

Wouldn't want to go back to L1 mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back