• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City out with a whimper. Sorry but I could not understand the tactics after going a goal down.

Seems a complete waste of time to spend months playing CL football and then barely trying in the semi finals...shitty mentality.

Doesn't help when you've got the likes of Otamendi, Mangala and a has been Toure in your side.

You would think with Aguero in your side the coaching staff would be working on situations which create space for him in and around the box.

There it is 1-0 RM, City were just dreadful over both legs. Two shots on target in 180 minutes of football says a lot. Two turgid games and Real we're bang average at best, not going to be great final I don't think.

Long ball dross. That's why Pellers is out of a job in a fortnight.

I fancy Atletico in the final.

Never tested a Real Madrid back four who individually can be found out when put under pressure.

As DW said Pellegrini demonstrating why he's out of work in 11 days, has done the bare minimum in his time in charge with the players he has.
You'd have at least thought he'd have gone s bit more positive with nothing to lose tonight.

The bizarre thing with Pellegrini is that his Villareal and Malaga teams were very tactically astute. As with his stint at Real I think he struggles to form a covehsive unit when you have a lot of big time players and egos to contend with.

Regardless, I don't think many of that XI that started tonight would fit into your typical Pep team. He has a lot of work on his hands.

Given that he had nothing to lose as he is going anyway, surprised that Pellegrini has not given this more of a go

Lose by 2 or 3 - so what. Had a chance to still win something this year

He'll want to keep Hart, De Bruyne, Aguero (assuming he doesn't try to force a move), Iheanacho and Fernandinho - Silva, Sterling, Nasri and maybe Sagna will probably get a stay of execution for a year at least, I can't see him fancying the rest. A mix of past it and just plain not good enough.

Aymeric Laporte was supposed to be a done deal but not sure now he's broken his leg. Reports that Pep wants Eric Bailly either instead or as well as.

Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to sign Koke. He absolutely loves Alaba (and you could play him more or less anywhere) but going to be very hard to prise him away from Bayern.

Aymeric Laporte was supposed to be a done deal but not sure now he's broken his leg. Reports that Pep wants Eric Bailly either instead or as well as.

Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to sign Koke.
Bailly has been a revelation for Villareal but he's only had the one real season under his belt; he may not be ready for a club like City just yet.

Would Andrés Iniesta go to City if they offered him a three year deal.

I don't think there's any way they'd be offering that kind of contract to a 32 year old. I don't think he'd leave anyway.

I don't think there's any way they'd be offering that kind of contract to a 32 year old. I don't think he'd leave anyway.
Not sure on his situation with Barca, they could be looking to phase him out next season.

And if they do he will probably hop off to Qatar or the MLS. I think it is hugely unlikely that City would be able to tempt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back