• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to world stars Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan...

They evidently don't do much work in defensive organisation away from matches which is why they frequently look a shambles without Vinny K to hold it altogether. That's management rather than personnel though, there's a reason why Pellegrini is out of a job in five weeks' time.

Quite, fair play to Leicester who should go on and win the league from here but I think normal service is likely to be resumed next season.

As opposed to world stars Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan...

They evidently don't do much work in defensive organisation away from matches which is why they frequently look a shambles without Vinny K to hold it altogether. That's management rather than personnel though, there's a reason why Pellegrini is out of a job in five weeks' time.

Were there not reports/ strong rumours when the Great Dean was in "charge" (a term I use loosely) that he was interested in signing Morgan in 2013 but it got scuppered by our against the odds relegation, or did I just imagine it?

It's entirely possible. The thing is as little as two years ago I had Morgan down as a fat liability even at Championship level. I can't reconcile what he is today with the memory of him waddling around, at least two stone overweight as we thumped Forest 5-1 in 2008.

Missed the 'old firm derby', makes Wolves v Albion, Liverpool v Man U, Tottenham v Arsenal etc, look like a kids tea party.

Open goal missed by Celtic. Shocking attempt after a Griffiths shot hit the post

No idea how Roberts missed that but he is going to be a quality footballer.

That's absolutely sensational counter attacking football.

Glorious goal for Rangers in extra time. 2-1.

Superb finish from Vardy, it's amazing how much space Leicester seem to find when they pile forward.

2-2 in the Old Firm.

Cracking game is this

Griffiths almost wins it with a thumping free kick. Finger tip save from the keeper on to the bar hits his back and goes wide.

2-2 FT. Rangers the better team in this game but pens it is

Griffiths scores a pressure penalty - 3-3 after the 5 each. Sudden death it is

Rangers win. Awful penalty from Celtic to end the game.

Fully deserved victory for Rangers.

Absolutely no need, 1-0 up and in control. Could he live to regret that?

Deservedly walks for it absolutely no need for it either.

"Its definitely a sending off, they came together but Jamie Vardy threw himself to the floor. What a waste." - Lawrenson

So these are the same pundits who then spend every weekend going "there is slight contact, not enough to make him hit the floor, but contact is a penalty". Fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back