• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have got away with 2-3 blatant penalties in the last couple of games, swings and roundabouts.

Just seen the WHU penalty again and that's as much of a dive as Vardy's. Reid feels hands on him and falls over. He wasn't pushed or pulled either.

I would say so. West Ham had vastly more attempts at goal but Leicester did enough for a point.

Having seen the Vardy incident again it's far closer to a penalty than a dive although i still maintain it's a coming together. Vardy gets slightly in front of Ogbonna and then does what every striker is coached to do and that is try to get a part of your body infront of the defenders and he does this with his right foot which Ogbonna then runs into and makes contact with his left leg. That contact instantly means it could be a pen as it was enough to bring him down but Ogbonna certainly didn't mean it and couldn't get out of the way.

Referee pretty much got everything wrong in my opinion, don't think either penalties are but then if he thinks the one on Reid is a penalty he has to give the one on Huth and maybe a couple for West Ham earlier in the game. The first yellow for Vardy was a joke as well. No consistency from Mr Moss and proves again he shouldn't be anywhere near professional football in my opinion never mind the Premier League.

A bit of a soft goal there. Cech could possibly have done better.

Yeah the Cech will earn Arsenal an extra 10 points argument hasn't worked out in my opinion, like i said at the start of the season i'm not sure he's any better than Ospina.

After this latest insipid showing from Arsenal, I do wonder whether Wenger has reached the of the line with Gunners. I do not advocate managers being sacked, but Arsenal need a fresh face, fresh ideas and a real impetus in the club.

They've needed it for years Frank.

But for some reason, Arsenal stick with Wenger. At least with Sir Alex at Manchester United, he was winning trophies more or less every season, so it made sense to keep him. Apart from a couple of FA Cup successes, Wenger has done very little at Arsenal in the last few years. Yes he gets them in the champions league every year, but surely that is the minimum requirement at Arsenal

They seem to be happy with just qualifying for the Champions League every year but i don't see how that is good enough for a team in their position. It's a strange one for me but for some reason they continue to stick with Wenger.

I'm with Slink on the Vardy incident.

I don't see how you can call it a dive or award a card for simulation when there's clearly contact and quite a lot of it, the contentious point for me is who instigates the contact, Vardy puts himself across Ogbonna, as he's entitled to do, but then there's attempt of a challenge from Ogbonna and he can't really get out of the way so for me it's just a coming together. No penalty, no card, think the ball just rolled out for a goalkick?

The West Ham penalty is one of those that always seems a bit ridiculous at first given the amount of that stuff that goes on with every set piece but you can't really argue with it when it's given, Morgan's got his arms around him and that's a foul, it just gets silly when you see a far more forceful hold on Huth go completely unpunished up the other end a shortwhile later, terribly inconsistent rerfereeing.

That penalty at the end for Leicester is the most blatant bit of levelling up you'll ever see, it's not even a foul from Carroll, just comes across to prevent Schlupp having a clear run into the box and the lad goes bouncing off him, as most would against Carroll.

Barcelona wheels coming off in some style

They should have scored 3 or 4 v Valencia but are 2 down at half time. If they lose this they remain top, level on points with Atletico and 1 point ahead of Real.

Really? Barca created 3 if not 4 cracking chances in the first half alone. How you can state that it's not deserved is baffling.

What is Alba doing there?? Surely it's 2-2 if he squares it.

Really? Barca created 3 if not 4 cracking chances in the first half alone. How you can state that it's not deserved is baffling.
Indeed. Valencia had 2 on target and got them both. Barca were denied by good keeping/defending and awful finishing. Another night and they are recreating their cup score v Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back