• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal would still qualify, countries can have 5 teams qualify now if they win the Europa League. Spain had 5 teams in the Champions League this year with Barca, Real, Atleti, Valencia and Sevilla.

When was it Spurs dropped out for Chelsea? Was it when they won CL or Europa?

Champions League. I was in a Spurs pub that night, needless to say the landlord wasn't best pleased!

Klopp will be on to something if he addresses a few key areas. They're pretty good going forward now. Need a keeper, at least one centre half to go with Matip, a left back (Moreno is hopeless) and something different in central midfield as all of Can/Henderson/Milner/Lucas/Allen offer very slightly different versions of the same thing.

CgB4b02W4AATTPz.jpg

CgB4d7xWEAAVHz2.jpg

CgB4eXSWEAEKah6.jpg

Sakho ending up on the winning team after that triple shambles just shows football makes no sense sometimes.

sakho is aggressive and good on the header..otherwise unpredictable and not good positionally...Lovren is just slow and have ZERO technique and control of a football..Skrtel is unfortunately still an upgrade on both...they need to get some decent CB:s in, but so do Man C. I would search in south america and eastern/middle europe personally..for me Koscielny is nr one in england before Smalling, kompany good when not injured..Leicester have benefitted from a very good innermidfield of Kante and Drinkwater but Morgan has grown into the season big time. Ohh, forgot Alderweireld and Van Dijk too...probably a few more i forgot

Edit: Scott Dann in a poor Palace sometimes, Winston Reid when ontop of his game

Klopp will be on to something if he addresses a few key areas. They're pretty good going forward now. Need a keeper, at least one centre half to go with Matip, a left back (Moreno is hopeless) and something different in central midfield as all of Can/Henderson/Milner/Lucas/Allen offer very slightly different versions of the same thing.
I thought Lovren was exceptional tonight. Granted I wasn't high on him even with Southampton but he was very good tonight and has been for the last few games from what I've heard.

Matip on a free is still an unbelievable deal.

I am trying to think what it was (possibly either BT sport or the Guardian podcast) but a while back they were talking about how the Spanish league only had 2 strong teams. They've just had 3 in the champs 1/4 and 3 in the Uefa 1/4. Compared to our 1 and 2 respectively. Haven't seen hardly any Spanish footy since I got rid of Sky Sports. Who would you have as favourites for the Uefa now?

Play like they did in the second half last night and Liverpool will take some stopping.

Manchester City will meet Real Madrid in the semi finals. It couldn't get any tougher.

I'd rather face Real than the other two.

In the last 16 Champions League games they've played at home, Atletico have kept a clean sheet 13 times and only conceded four goals in total. They're absolutely rock hard to play against.

All tough games but I'd have handpicked Real if I had to. They'll always give you a chance, I mean they quite regularly have Pepe and Marcelo as the left hand side of their defence with Ronaldo in front of them.

Ronaldo can beat teams on his own. Manchester City are not that great at the back, and I have no idea how they will be able to keep Ronaldo quiet.

Leicester based referee Kevin Friend has been taken off the Stoke City v Tottenham game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back