• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really happening as a game at all yet.

I hope if it stays this dull until half-time Souness has the good grace to refer to it as a championship standard game, like he did with Sunderland v Leicester at the same point in proceedings.

Ipswich fans not happy with Mick at the moment. If they don't want him then I'd gladly trade managers with them.

Not sure he would want to come back with the same 'management' though - wouldn't be against it.

Not necessarily pretty, but suspect he could get more out of this squad than we have seen this season

I would be all over that in a flash. It won't happen though. Far too many in our support would have it in for Mick if he ever came back.

There is a reason why you don't return as manager.

If we did that I wouldn't complain but would prefer a different appointment if the truth be told

Mick's in a bit of Jackett rut at the moment. A squad packed full of central midfielders with no technical ability.

I can't see things getting any better for him there - they're not spending a penny.

Mick's in a bit of Jackett rut at the moment. A squad packed full of central midfielders with no technical ability.

I can't see things getting any better for him there - they're not spending a penny.

the thing is Mick is making a magic of his sqaud, but as Nando says just would take you to the prem, not further

He isn't making that much magic of it really. Not this time.

Look. I still look back soooo fondly on Mick's time here. If I met him, I would be delighted to buy the man a beer and just tell him how fucking much I loved most of his time here. However, I think we have both moved on. I also think he is unlikely to be a top flight manager again.

He would still make us a LOT more competitive than Kenny Jackett has at the moment though.

He isn't making that much magic of it really. Not this time.

Look. I still look back soooo fondly on Mick's time here. If I met him, I would be delighted to buy the man a beer and just tell him how fucking much I loved most of his time here. However, I think we have both moved on. I also think he is unlikely to be a top flight manager again.

He would still make us a LOT more competitive than Kenny Jackett has at the moment though.

Better than Ken, every week though....

We would be more attacking. Like I say, I would jump at it.

However, if we re-appointed Mick, Molineux would be poison. There are fans who just hate him. Fuck knows why. When he left, I felt it was, with regret, time. However, there were many fans who had wanted him gone for so long and that bridge isn't just burned, it is a pile of smouldering ashes at the bottom of the valley below.

I struggle to think of a move that could make Moxey and Morgan more of a subject of hate than they are now, but re-appointing Mick would probably do it.

Back to Villa, I think Randy is going to spend big in the Summer. My reasoning is I don't think people like Bernstein and Bevington would have joined the Board to bum around at the lower end of the Championship. Looking at their current squad, Clark and Baker will be reasonable centre halves, Grealish if they can get him fit and sort his attitude could be a revelation. Gestede is proven at this level if he gets the service, Ayew is having a decent season so if he hangs around that's another, Westwood will be solid enough in midfield. If they spend a few quid, get in Pearson and bomb out the likes of Hutton, Richardson, Bacuna, Lescott, Hutton etc which are all big IF's then I think they could do well.

I see that Tony

However who the hell is going to buy Hutton, Richardson, Bacuna and co? I'm not even sure an emotional return for Lescott here would be that welcome after the way he has been this season. And then you think of the eye-watering salary those players are on. It is going to be difficult to shift them on.

Ayew won't stay I don't think. I cannot begin to express how little the fans think of Grealish either.

Their squad needs an absolutely huge rebuild.

And their goalkeepers are unspeakably shit. All of them. I could see them trying to buy Hennessey as I don't think Palace think a lot of him.

I don't Hennessey would be arsed about going, he was happy enough to sit on the bench behind Speroni for long enough so I guess he'd be content with that again if Palace looked to replace him.

Not sure how much contract he has left though Mark? He has been there three years.

He's still got another season on his contract, signed for 3 and a half years in Jan 2014.

Ah. Thought it was a 2 1/2.

Spurs ahead. Bittersweet for the foxes. They haven't gained anything in the table but that would be Champions League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back