• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the Sunderland keeper trying to appeal for after Vardy avoided his challenge?

Foul on Van Aanholt I guess. It wasn't though, like Mark says just weak as piss.

Fair play Leicester, you have just won the premier league...must be one of the biggest upsets in sports history...you have done it on merit i must admit

Pressure clearly on Spuds now, they simply have to keep winning to stand a chance.

Pressure clearly on Spuds now, they simply have to keep winning to stand a chance.

They have to and are the only team capable of stopping Leicester now - Arsenal are out of it as min of 10 points down with 5 to play

Still I reckon that short of a complete blow up by Leicester the title is theirs now anyway whatever anyone else does

They have to and are the only team capable of stopping Leicester now - Arsenal are out of it as min of 10 points down with 5 to play

Still I reckon that short of a complete blow up by Leicester the title is theirs now anyway whatever anyone else does

I do hope so, such a breath of fresh air in the greed league has been long overdue.

If Sunderland lose at Norwich, then that could see them, Newcastle United and Aston Villa in the championship next season. And all three clubs would expect an instant return to the top flight. Which probably won't happen.

If Sunderland lose at Norwich, then that could see them, Newcastle United and Aston Villa in the championship next season. And all three clubs would expect an instant return to the top flight. Which probably won't happen.

All 3 will have serious issues to overcome - depends on how much they are prepared (or capable of) to lose financially & which players have pay reduction clauses in their contracts & how demotivated they will be as a result.

The Championship is a fairly low quality, but unforgiving environment

Sunderland will be fine and go straight back up
Newcastle will depends on Ashley. Likely to fund it to get them back up quickly
Villa - Who knows. It could take them a while to recover from the disaster. They have a big call to make on their new manager.

Already looking forward to Wolves finishing 16th next season....

Sunderland will be fine and go straight back up
Newcastle will depends on Ashley. Likely to fund it to get them back up quickly
Villa - Who knows. It could take them a while to recover from the disaster. They have a big call to make on their new manager.

Already looking forward to Wolves finishing 16th next season....

All three will have more money to spend than the rest of the division put together. But will they spend it wisely?

I think both North East clubs will go straight back up along with Wolves.

Newcastle are a complete mess.

They've got a lot of expensive tat on massive wages with no bottle for a battle.

They'll need a complete overhaul to sort it out.

All three will have more money to spend than the rest of the division put together. But will they spend it wisely?

I think both North East clubs will go straight back up along with Wolves.

Big Sam knows this Division. He will have Sunderland in the Top 6 easily
Newcastle with Benitez - who knows

Villa just wont. Randy Lerner will not want the TV money going anywhere near the team. Plus that Villa squad is absolutely abominable.

Newcastle and Sunderland will be right up there. Derby and Hull might still be down here (fucking hell Boro might as well). Sheffield Wednesday clearly aren't averse to spending a few quid now as well. Could be a right old bunfight at the top of the Championship next season. This side of a takeover thinking we will be anywhere near being involved might be pie in the sky.

Newcastle are a complete mess.

They've got a lot of expensive tat on massive wages with no bottle for a battle.

They'll need a complete overhaul to sort it out.

As are Villa

Sunderland have a decent chance if they keep Allardyce on board.

Not sure that I would want him here, but he knows what he is doing at this level

Can't see Benitez hanging around & Villa are ruderless

Villa just wont. Randy Lerner will not want the TV money going anywhere near the team. Plus that Villa squad is absolutely abominable.

Newcastle and Sunderland will be right up there. Derby and Hull might still be down here (fucking hell Boro might as well). Sheffield Wednesday clearly aren't averse to spending a few quid now as well. Could be a right old bunfight at the top of the Championship next season. This side of a takeover thinking we will be anywhere near being involved might be pie in the sky.

We say this every year, but when it comes down to it there is rarely a massive amount of quality in this division & you need the heart to grind out results when it matters (as Burnley seem to be doing at the moment).

In the early part of the season are any of the above 3 teams likely to be able to do that - Sunderland probably are the most likely

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Villa Park, and he told me recently that he would not be surprised if Villa got relegated to league one. While I doubt that will happen, they might struggle to get into the top six.

Absolutely agreed Parkin, but I wonder if next season might see an even stronger show of the type of thing we have seen this year with perceived "big boys" coming down to join us?

Steve Gibson and the loon at Derby (should either side still be here) may have to spunk another 20-30 million at it to reach the top flight. Sheffield Wednesday will definitely be planning on going big this summer. I can seriously see the Championship having a bigger transfer spend in the summer than a lot of top flight leagues in other countries (once you take out Barcelona and Real look at what La Liga spends, or say Ligue Un without PSG money-madness). I'm not sure I am comfortable with that, but I see it going that way.

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Villa Park, and he told me recently that he would not be surprised if Villa got relegated to league one. While I doubt that will happen, they might struggle to get into the top six.

The management appointment is vital. They need to forget about a "name" and get someone who knows this Division and how to get out of it. Pearson is the obvious choice with is recent success. A few pundits are even suggesting they get Mick in.

they have a massive squad on hugh salary, but i doubt they will be relegated to L1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back