• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caballero was always starting this game. He really was beyond dreadful in the FA Cup

Spurs have turned it around against Swansea. Not quite the perfect day for Leicester then.

Madness, Peligrini rates him for some reason or maybe it's his Guardiola reaction.

Why isnt Hart starting? Madness..in a final

God knows Fredd. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. If I didn't despise Liverpool I would want it to bite City on the arse.

Man United v Arsenal is a magnificent game. Absolutely enthralling.

I'd say it's been terrible, there has barely been a shot on goal. All of the goals have been dreadful, two very poor teams in my opinion. Shows why Leicester are top of what is a very poor league.

Could be interesting to see how things turn out with some of the selections.

Caballero could be a massive let down but they've got Kompany back so that's a big bonus to their defence, Yaya can go either way in the big games, either his class will tell or his laziness will disappoint.

Then for Liverpool you've got Sturridge up top, obviously set to go for a bit with Firmino and Coutinho to support him but then they've got Lucas out of position against Aguero and the ever present risk of a ricket from Mignolet.

Could be an interesting afternoon.

Blimey, bit of a pisser for the Mourihno luvvies, great to see Fergie singing 'glory glory man united'.

Valencia were looking a lot more competent today than any other time I've watched them under Neville but they've just gone 1-0 down at home to Bilbao, appalling defending.

Valencia were looking a lot more competent today than any other time I've watched them under Neville but they've just gone 1-0 down at home to Bilbao, appalling defending.

6 minutes later and it's 3-0.

I'd say it's been terrible, there has barely been a shot on goal. All of the goals have been dreadful, two very poor teams in my opinion. Shows why Leicester are top of what is a very poor league.

Whaaaaaaaat?????

I'm sorry that is nonsense mate! It was a really enjoyable, exciting game.

There was some excitement in terms of the goals going either way keeping the outcome interesting but it wasn't a particularly great spectacle in terms of the quality of football.

Neither team really played very well and none of the goals were that great.

There was some excitement in terms of the goals going either way keeping the outcome interesting but it wasn't a particularly great spectacle in terms of the quality of football.

Neither team really played very well and none of the goals were that great.

For me it was a proper English game. Infinitely better than watching so-called "perfect" Spanish shit.

Stirling really is an awful footballer. Don't think I've ever seen him have an impact on a game.

He had plenty of impact at Liverpool.

He's gone backwards massively for City though, early on he was unspectacular but at least looked to be building decent understandings with Silva and Kolarov but now he just does nothing, rarely anything different to Navas in being a fast player who never tries to run at anyone.

He had plenty of impact at Liverpool.

He's gone backwards massively for City though, early on he was unspectacular but at least looked to be building decent understandings with Silva and Kolarov but now he just does nothing, rarely anything different to Navas in being a fast player who never tries to run at anyone.

Yeah should of added since he joined City, as he looked a great talent at Liverpool. Big fish in a small pond syndrome?

Yeah should of added since he joined City, as he looked a great talent at Liverpool. Big fish in a small pond syndrome?

Could be any number of things, believing his own hype, different system not working for him.

I think his performances declined whilst still at Liverpool to be honest, much preferred seeing him play as a proper winger opposed to when they moved him centrally to play behind Suarez and Sturridge, he looked virtually unstoppable 1v1 when he first broke through at Liverpool and he knew any half decent delivery had a chance of going somewhere with those two in the box.

Things probably aren't quite so simple for him anymore at City, it's a more patient approach, he spends a lot of time coming inside to allow the overlap but then he's treading on the toes of Silva and minimises the chances of getting people 1v1, then he's got to try and play little passes through to people or get in behind himself rather than just get it in the box.

His shooting is absolutely awful too, struggles to hit the ball cleanly 9 times out of 10 like VLP.

Guardiola could be really good for him, he's obviously got some ability with the ball at his feet but just doesn't do enough at the moment, the extra tactical input from Pep could really take him on a level or he could just end up struggling to be involved if he can't get to grips with those demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back