• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like psg, they have taken steps forward, the away game in madrid is probably the best i have seen them..still lost 1-0

Chelsea back in the game and actually been the better team last 10-15 mins

They have so much quality in that midfield three. I'd take Motta, Veratti, and Matuidi against any other trio in the world, just about.

Yeah. Veratti is a workhorse but also tidy in the same time..matuidi is offensive quality, motta is more of a clogger but important for the team

On a related note, AdM has regressed dramatically since his Madrid heyday.

..and then you have di maria, lucas and ibra..cavani and pastore on the bench

Luiz doesnt seem like a nutcase anymore, he has calmed down i guess?

They have so much quality in that midfield three. I'd take Motta, Veratti, and Matuidi against any other trio in the world, just about.

Not a hope.

They wouldn't get near Juve's three of Marchisio, Khedira and Pogba let alone the ridiculous combinations Barca or Bayern could send out. Motta is really not very good and there's a lot to like about Verratti but he's miles away from elite level.

Not a hope.

They wouldn't get near Juve's three of Marchisio, Khedira and Pogba let alone the ridiculous combinations Barca or Bayern could send out. Motta is really not very good and there's a lot to like about Verratti but he's miles away from elite level.

Khedira? No chance he's better than any of PSG's. Barca I'll give you, on their day (though I think Neymar/Messi/Suarez make it easy for them), but Bayern I'm not convinced are truly better than PSG in midfield, either.

Motta's an underappreciated player IMO.

Mikel scores of all people!

Khedira? No chance he's better than any of PSG's. Barca I'll give you, on their day (though I think Neymar/Messi/Suarez make it easy for them), but Bayern I'm not convinced are truly better than PSG in midfield, either.

Motta's an underappreciated player IMO.

Hold up, you can't really taint Barca's midfield by saying the front three make it easy for them and then big up PSG's when they're in a league where they're 24 points clear in the middle of February :icon_lol:

PSG won't get near winning the Champions League because their midfield, like all the other areas of their squad, is a way short of what the very best have to offer.

I think you are a bit wrong dan here..psg has never been better..they can challenge this year imo

Hold up, you can't really taint Barca's midfield by saying the front three make it easy for them and then big up PSG's when they're in a league where they're 24 points clear in the middle of February :icon_lol:

PSG won't get near winning the Champions League because their midfield, like all the other areas of their squad, is a way short of what the very best have to offer.

That's a bit apples to oranges though, isn't it? Not to mention that La Liga is basically Ligue 1 with two extra good teams. It's not that much of a difference between the two leagues to say PSGs competition is that much lighter than Barcelona's.

But to your point, yes, I do believe that having a front three like Barca do will give any midfield acres of space. Which is not to say that Barcelona don't still use all that space impeccably.

I'd also take a slight issue with the notion that PSG don't have a defense at least on par with Bayern.

PSG have no chance of winning this competition. Good players but won't trouble the best sides in the competition and their defence is awful, when Chelsea have attacked they look like scoring. Back four all technically very good but can they actually defend, Thiago Silva massively overrated (see defending on corner for the Chelsea goal)

No, but in terms of "making things easy" then having a domestic competition with zero strength would trump anything else. Ligue Un is absolutely nowhere near the standard of La Liga IMO and PSG haven't done anything special in Europe so far to beat the perception of them being very expensive flat track bullies, they're in trouble in this tie if they don't score in the second half and this is against the worst performing Chelsea team since Hoddle managed them.

Bayern can send out any combination of Vidal, Alonso, Martinez, Thiago and Alaba, I don't see one of PSG's midfield three getting ahead of any of them. Verratti would have a shot at taking Rode's spot as sixth pick I suppose.

Fair enough, Dan, suffice to say they're all stupidly talented sides.

That's a bit apples to oranges though, isn't it? Not to mention that La Liga is basically Ligue 1 with two extra good teams. It's not that much of a difference between the two leagues to say PSGs competition is that much lighter than Barcelona's.

But to your point, yes, I do believe that having a front three like Barca do will give any midfield acres of space. Which is not to say that Barcelona don't still use all that space impeccably.

I'd also take a slight issue with the notion that PSG don't have a defense at least on par with Bayern.

No way is Ligue 1 anywhere near the quality of La Liga, watch the standard of football and they are a world apart.

Rakitic, Iniesta and Busquets is world class but i agree it helps with the front 3 they have.

Behave, this PSG defense is awful, all very good footballers but they can't defend. Bayern put out a defence of Lahm, Benatia, Boateng and Alaba then it's far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back