• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal should have been disallowed. Suarez encroached into the penalty area before Messi played the ball.

Watching Leeds and Middlesbrough, and I cannot say I have been over impressed with Middlesbrough.

Fans singing "Sky TV is fucking shit" and suddenly my TV goes mute!

What's the deal with Leeds having to use stewards to segregate their own fans behind the goal?

What's the deal with Leeds having to use stewards to segregate their own fans behind the goal?
A bit of searching and it appears they have stewards to separate season ticket holders from match day ticket holders. Bonkers.

The goal should have been disallowed. Suarez encroached into the penalty area before Messi played the ball.
You sure? I watched it multiple times looking for that and it looked well timed to me.

ooo-that-naughty-s_2690598a.jpg

You're not allowed in the D.

It's the only reason the D is there.

The only reason for the "D" is to ensure that no player can be within ten yards of the penalty taker. So as soon as Suarez entered the "D" he had encroached less than 10 yards from the Messi. Though to be fair, watch any game and many players encroach before a penalty is taken. Sadly they are rarely penalised.

I'd always wondered about that.

When was the D first introduced?

Not sure, probably when penalties were first introduced (1891 after a quick google).

Interesting fact: Wolves scored the first ever penalty in the football league against Accrington at Molineux.

1930's is when the D was used I think.

I know when pens were first introduced they weren't taken from a spot but anywhere a long a line 12yds from the goal.

Yeah right. You awarded the first penalty. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back