• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Allen hawking himself on SSN covering the Liverpool game too.

Anyone would think he's unemployed.

Benteke predictably anonymous so far. Like a joggier Balotelli.

Could say the same of pretty much anyone on the pitch at this point though, real non-event thus far.

Gomez has looked impressive. Not much from any of the attacking players though.

You can see what Benteke will bring to them aerial wise. Already won numerous flick ons. Not that it's difficult, but he will score a lot more than Balotelli did/would have.

Firmino will offer more of a threat in behind than Lallana/Coutinho when he features.

Gomez has looked impressive. Not much from any of the attacking players though.
Really? I thought he looked rather out of his depth. Clearly a good athlete though.

Lallana was extremely disappointing, flits around the edges of games far too often in a Liverpool shirt. Another player where Rodgers has managed to make them look unrecognisable from when he first signed.

Lallana now taken off, for Can? Milner to the right I suppose

This is an atrocious game.

A fortunate win for Liverpool but a hell of a hit from Coutinho again.

I really don't like this new ball either. The red on it looks shit.

Worst game of the weekend, best goal of the weekend.

I wonder if the ball wouldn't have come back off the crossbar if Butland hadn't got a hand to it. Looked like he slowed it down in such a way that actually increased the dip.

A fortunate win for Liverpool but a hell of a hit from Coutinho again.

I really don't like this new ball either. The red on it looks $#@!.

Everything is a step down from the Jabulani.

Is Butland first choice for Stoke now? If so, oh dear!

Nice composure from Ayew.

Interesting how Gary Monk uses Ayew to support his striker while retaining an attacking balance.
Wolves could use Wallace in the Sigurdsson position but it might mean Afobe starting from wide in the way Swansea use Ayew.

Alternatively we could use Wallace as an inside right and Afobe in the Sigurdsson position, which on the face of it would be more natural as Wallace has played there before.

Alternatively we could use Wallace as an inside right and Afobe in the Sigurdsson position, which on the face of it would be more natural as Wallace has played there before.

I was looking for a better passing option through the central of midfield, Sigurdsson offers good passing options and a nice link from Shelvey. Sometimes Wolves seem to have players joining the striker while there is still football to be played which often leads to a breakdown in play.

I think Afobe is a very good link between Dicko and Coady/ McDonald and having Wallace in from the right/ left side in a Cazorla type role gives creativity coming central too. I don't think Wolves play breaks down that often when we play centrally, more when we don't have width and options out wide to isolate defenders. Congesting the middle seems to be detrimental to Wolves on the whole.

I thought Ayew played well as one of the wide midfielders with Sigurdsson and Montero the central and other wide outlet. Especially as Ayew drifted in to really affect the play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back