• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Montero offers Swansea takes their opponents backwards which then opens up the space through the central midfield = less congestion. Plus it enables that movement from those wide right starting positions to link with the striker.
Sheyi Ojo could possibly offer that same threat from the wide left position.

That's what I was getting at really but not explained well enough. And I'm not sure Ojo will provide an absolute wing option which is what Montero does. As indifferent as he is RvlP would offer that option wide right and then Ojo or Wallace as an inside forward from the left. Alternatively I think Graham is also an out and out winger when he plays.

I think the point is there needs to be that alternative or Wolves are too narrow and that in particular stifles McDonald who then has nobody to pass to. It was the one thing I noticed about Shelvey in that he had room to pass to players both wide and central and given time he's pretty damn good at it.

Lambert to score first goal and WBA to win 1-0 tonight is 100/1 on Paddypower. Same scorer with 1-1 score is 60/1.

The way the top teams have played so far that's worth a punt at those prices. I've had a massive 50p on them both. Big spender me.

God I've missed MNF. This is brilliant.

It's always so interesting.

I disagree with Martinez though, football is about not conceding goals. I'm different to most people on here (and in general maybe) , I want a really solid base to my team first and foremost. Don't give cheap goals away and you always have a chance.

It is absolutely fascinating even if you don't agree with the overall premise that Martinez is arguing. Just hearing a manager in the top flight going into detailed tactical discussion is superb. And he has had time from his game to sit down, watch the games, and have comment available that is relevant and interesting. Channel 5 - take note about that.

It's always so interesting.

I disagree with Martinez though, football is about not conceding goals. I'm different to most people on here (and in general maybe) , I want a really solid base to my team first and foremost. Don't give cheap goals away and you always have a chance.

You are George Graham and I claim my five pounds! Frankly though, I agree. 4-3 Keegan-ball every week doesn't win titles, no matter how much fun it can be. 1 nil to the Arsenal used to deliver silverware.

I hate goals against, this is why I railed against Doherty for months last season, it wasn't to try to get cheap laughs on a forum. When there's a quite obvious flaw that is costing you chances and goals against week after week you sort it out. Having a nil in that against column means you can always pinch a result. Conceding two goals a game means you have very little chance.

Although I would say from a flair point of view having Gardner and McClean as your two wide players is pretty dismal. No skillz there at all.

Sagna looks miles better without his dodgy Whoopi Goldberg haircut.

When I say I like solid defence, I don't mean like how Albion have set up here. You can't invite relentless pressure. Poor tactics.

In of Craig Dawson couldn't happen to a nicer player.

Were West Brom really just booing their own player (McClean)?

This is the problem with putting out an ultra defensive line up with the worst wingers in the entire division, go 1-0 down and that is it. Pulis is generally better than this tbh.

4-4-2 is pointless if you're just going to stick ten men behind the ball. Better to have a five man midfield with deeper protection than having two strikers ambling around just behind the half way line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back